Samsung ML-1450 paper jams?

allan grossman

Hi, all -

I searched before posting but haven't seen anyone with the same
problem.

I bought a refurbished Samsung ML-1450 (out of warranty now) that jams
pretty much constantly. I wouldn't mind the occasional paper jam, but
when it happens the printer will sometimes spit out 2o or 30 sheets of
paper before it decides it's finished :-(

Feeding with the manual paper tray works pretty well so far so I've
pretty much narrowed the problem to the pickup rollers above the
regular paper tray or something in that area.

The rollers are in great shape - page count is about 12k pages and I
can't seem to figure out why this thing misfeeds. Sometimes it'll
print ten pages just fine, sometimes it'll jam on the first page.

Paper is within specs - I've tried just about everything except
performing a drop test on the printer ;-)

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks -

allan

PRW

Allan,

Where I work we bought about 20 ML-1450's. So far 7 of them exhibit
the paper pickup problem you describe. There is a solenoid that pulls
in a lever which then allows the lower paper pickup roller to turn and
feed in the paper. It appears the solenoid is not pulling in the
lever. You can see the lever and the solenoid if you pull out the
lower paper tray and look up and to the right of the lower paper
pickup roller. If you manually move the latch, the printer should
print one page when you put the tray back in.

Samsung has been no help. Some of these printers have not printed
that many pages in the 2 years we have had them. The manual feed tray
seems to work fine. I found a Samsung repair center near here that
will charge a flat rate of $75 plus parts to fix it.... but that
solenoid is on the main printer board (if that is the problem), and we
figure it isn't worth it.

I've tried monkeying around to see if I could get that lever to work
right, but haven't been successful.

Good Luck!

FF

The service manual is available here:
http://www.manuals4you.com/samsung

On 25 May 2004 16:02:23 -0700, (e-mail address removed) (PRW) babbled:

->Allan,
->
[...]
->[email protected] (allan grossman) wrote in message
->> Hi, all -
->>