Rune instillation help needed .

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
So I got two sets of setup instructions but they are not much good to anyone unless you have a degree in linux . Can anyone tell me what to type into the konsole to get this game to work .. I have shown where the cd is mounted at present (system:/media/sr0)
. Hope thats enough info .

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

wallbash.gif

Attachments

• geeks3.jpg
    geeks3.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 191
  • geeks2.jpg
    geeks2.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 199
  • geeks1.jpg
    geeks1.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 181

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Please don't shoot me :eek:

Found this here - and it looks as if it is just expressed a bit differently to the way you've been told to type it(?)

2 Installation

2.1 When I try to mount /mnt/cdrom or cd /mnt/cdrom I am told `no such file or directory`

Some distributions have now changed the default location for the CD Rom, try for instance
/cdrom (debian). Some modern distros will mount the CDRom automatically in /media/cdrom
If that does not work, and you have a CD or DVD burner, try using /media/cdrecorder

2.2 When I try and install the game, I am told: This installation doesn`t support glibc-2.1 on Linux / x86_64

Instead of typing ./setup.sh as shown in the manual, type:

linux32 ./setup.sh

2.3 When I try and install the game, I get a message like: bash: ./setup.sh: Permission denied

Install using: sh ./setup.sh

...I'm going to take my pet leek into a corner and hide now :nod:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thanks Taffycat . No need to hide , an ta fer the help .
happywave.gif

Those instructions were written by yet another geek for other geeks . God help the poor little geeks if they ever get lost in the real world .

wallbash.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
It is a good job I'm playing with two linux distros as Rune does not work on me 64 Bit Mandriva .
It will work on me Kanotix though and I got it loaded with the help of this ,

http://www.linuxcommand.org/learning_the_shell.php

I have some problems though . I get a link in the main menue but when clicked it goes nowhere . I can start the game from the folder but , the sound is scratchy , I have no mouse pointer . I can get to the game menue for setup etc , but can do nothing as no mouse and none of the boxes are highlighted so the up/down keys do not have any effect .

attachment.php

I guess I am supposed to type something in here but I don't know what so I just press "enter"

attachment.php

I press Y and enter for the desktop question and Y and enter to continue .

attachment.php

I press "Y" and "enter"

attachment.php

Press "n" here and ,

attachment.php

I end up here , which is nowhere .

attachment.php

Press "Y" and I end up here , which is nowhere aswell .

As I say I can get the game to start to run . BUT . I still have some problems .

Any bright ideas ????????

The game looks kinda funky in a blast from the past sort of way . I'm looking forward to playing it .

:D

Attachments

• rune1.jpg
    rune1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 160
  • rune2.jpg
    rune2.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 172
  • rune3.jpg
    rune3.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 180
  • rune4.jpg