Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So i was lucky enough to get a beta key for this yesterday, and wasted no time in downloading adn trying it out! :D

Its actually very good, i admit i was never a big CS player before but this has got a lot of potential.

Its nice playing a FPS on PC that is made with PC in mind and your not having to dodge killstreaks, gunships and all that other crap that seems to have become mainstream in the likes of CoD now.... :)

If you like FPS and you get chance to play this, do it. Hopefully you will like it as much as i am! :thumb:

About the Game

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO) will expand upon the team-based action gameplay that it pioneered when it was launched 12 years ago.

CS: GO features new maps, characters, and weapons and delivers updated versions of the classic CS content (de_dust, etc.). In addition, CS: GO will introduce new gameplay modes, matchmaking, leader boards, and more.

"Counter-Strike took the gaming industry by surprise when the unlikely MOD became the most played online PC action game in the world almost immediately after its release in August 1999," said Doug Lombardi at Valve. "For the past 12 years, it has continued to be one of the most-played games in the world, headline competitive gaming tournaments and selling over 25 million units worldwide across the franchise. CS: GO promises to expand on CS' award-winning gameplay and deliver it to gamers on the PC as well as the next gen consoles and the Mac."

CS: GO is being developed by Valve in cooperation with Seattle-based Hidden Path Entertainment. The title is targeted for release in early 2012 and will be playable at this year's PAX Prime and Eurogamer Expo.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/1800/?snr=1_7_suggest__13

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Is it just multiplayer? Or is there a single player campaign?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hasn't Counter-Strike always been only multi-Player?

I've never played any version of counter strike though I can remember trying to when I was on dialup with some American fellas. Turned out to be pretty much a non-starter with extreme lag so I never did bother after that.

Original was a freebie with Half Life wasn't it?

I have a feeling this one won't be a freebie though. I shall investigate when it's officially released. Hope it's a bit easier to understand than BF2 & BF3.

I was given a Beta key to F1 (probably F1 2012) online recently but it was fixed times of days, usually between 17:00 and 20:00 hours and I just couldn't be bothered remembering to log on at set times. Ho hum ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
This is supposed to be $15 and out around mid August.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Just a heads up if your interested in trying this, it goes open beta this weekend. Meaning anyone can try it, not just those lucky to have gotten a key. :)

Try it, its a great FPS without any console crap like killstreaks etc.. :thumb:

Ask a Question