Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
ok...

now i have to wait 2 more days for my game to come... nooo

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Have you got in contact with Royal Mail and found out what happened? I don't think it could have been Amazon's fault in any way apart from their use of Royal Mail as a third party in the contract (but what other choices do they really have?!), so it's very good of them to reimburse you.
I have to agree with Quad and say that it's far too easy to cast the accusing eye before finding out the details behind what happened... posties often leave their bike's or mail bags unattended, so it's possible that someone may have whipped out the parcel then and left the packaging so it wasn't so obvious that it was missing.
I find it hard that they would have sent the postman out with a package that had already obviously been opened (or is that why it was in a bag?)

Reaction score
The post man knew it had been opened when he left the post office, so it had to have been stolen before then

It could not have been stolen from his bike...

Here are the options:

1) it was stolen by an emplyee of royal mail
2) someone broke into the sorting office / post box
3) an amazon employee stole itafter it was packed (why not get another copy off the shelf?)
4) it was beamed up to space by an alien

Which one is more realistic?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
In that case, I'm sure you're going to voice your concerns to Royal Mail regarding the distribution office in question, and suggest they reimburse Amazon for their (RM) negligence :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
In my opinion Amazon is not to blame at all and I find it hard to believe that someone at Amazon pinched it.

Believe it or not when I first ordered my 3 DVD's by normal mail I kept waiting for weeks and once the last week, by delivery estimate went by, I wrote an email to Amazon informing them of the undelivered parcel. They proptly despatched the 3 DVD's again but this time by express service. The second parcel arrived intact and I acknowledged it to Amazon. Furthermore, I also informed them that the original parcel though has not arrived but how am I suppose to treat it? Their simple answer was that it is costly on customer's part to return it so I should simply donate it to a library nearby.

Unfortunately, I never received it.

That was my first order to Amazon a while ago and since then I have placed many orders buying various things from them and never had any problems with the deliveries. Always prompt and exactly according to my order.

Many of my friends also buy from Amazon and within my circle no one has ever had any problems.

I thought I should just share this with you.

Reaction score
I agree... i do not think amazon will have taken it

so it was either the alien theory, or the royal mail one

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I wish I could believe in the Alien theory ;)

Reaction score
nope... sorry to dissapoint you Quad... It must have been postman pat!

Reaction score
I think that is the more than likely not true
i dont no who took it but i think it was lost in the post office sorting thing! it ripped open fell out and dissapeared or some posty man took said nothing and that was the end of it
i no how annoying it is to have somthing stolen as my car has been broken into 3 times and well one of my friends was at my house his bmx was stolen! :mad:

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm locking this thread as it went way off topic, those posts have been deleted.

I'm normally quite lenient with things going a little off topic, but this one was at a real tangent. heraspax, please try and keep things on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question