ROYAL MAIL... Thives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have ordered GTA: SA from Amazon, using royal mail 1st class delivary

It turned up this morning...

GONE

The Amazon packaging was there, with invoise

But the game was not. it is not that Amazon did not post it, the package has been opened deliberatully. The game has been STOLEN from me

what is the differance if it was stolen from my house, or stolen from my post?

The Royal Mail are the only people who would have been able to seal it... would you pay a thief to deliver £30 wort of game?

i'm using parcel force from now on

KGB

Kye

Reaction score
im sure theres alot of things you can do, i mean...they delivered a game which you havnt got. they should at least look into it. otherwise, whip up a storm and scare them and they settle with you with millions of pounds!

or maybe not, but still, theres alot you can do about it :)

Reaction score
Yeah, Chris, you are right, they have agreed to replace it

Amazon have sold out, so i am asking for my money back, and am ordering from play.com

Reaction score
My nan always used to say never send money with birthday cards in the post cause they'd go missing in the sorting office. And using the post around christmas is supposed to be almost as dodgey. Signed parcles usually go through at least 6 sets of hands between dispatch and arriving at your door so it wouldn't surprise me if someone's been keeping an eye out for game parcels especially one as popular as San Andreas. But this is the first case i've heard of this happening. You should take it up with royal mail to because first class recorded covers you upto about £30 so claim with them and if amazon replace it to, it might help sweeten that sour taste you've been so unfortunate to experience.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
It seems no one has given any consideration to the possibility of the game being stolen from the doorstep by someone. KGB did you receive it or was it dropped off?

Secondly claiming the same parcel from two different sources is not something a gentleman would do. Its a matter of integrity.

I am pretty sure that Amazon will replace if asked for and I know for a fact they do not even ask a single question since I have had the experience. Even Royal Mail will reimburse you in normal circumstances.

If I were you I would not lodge the claim to two parties for the same parcel.

One more thing, do not label anyone a thief unless full investigations are done

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I'd like a couple things clear in my mind.

You got a package in the post?
... was it posted through your letterbox, or left outside?

You can't blame Amazon, true to form they are willing to reimburse you, can't fault that.

Have you contacted the local Post Master, I'm sure they will listen to any "accusations" regarding a member of staff.

I’m using parcel force from now on
ParcelForce are a subsidiary of the Royal Mail ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thats a pain KGB - although Parcel Force and Royal Mail are the same thing, are they not?

I've never had a problem with deliveries from Amazon before, apart from not being here when they have been delivered. I've had the occasional birthday money "gone missing" before, which was rather co-incidental! Brown paper envelopes are the way to go, not big blue ones with happy birthday written on them :)

I'm sure 99.999% of the posties are honest and hardworking, but one bad apple might have been temping at the sorting office.

Reaction score
1) the case did not say "san andreas" on it, so they would not know what it was
2) The parcel was delivared by our postie, in a plastic bag, the post man said it had been stolen when he handed it to my dad, he had checke his bag too see if it had fallen out, but no it had not

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like you'll have to get compensation for it, or Amazon to resend it and for them to claim from Royal Mail (I'm not sure who has to claim in this case).

Good luck with it :)

Reaction score
i'm not getting it from amazon... they have sold out

Last edited:
Reaction score
i have complained to amazon, who will sort it out for me, i am not going to complain to both companies

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Good luck with it KGB, I can imagine it being quite a pain to go without the game! Its supposed to be great :)

Reaction score
It is great... i have rented it!

Well... ordered it from play.com (£1 more expensive!)

Thanks everyone!

KGB

Reaction score
Re: ROYAL MAIL... ThEives?

JonnySpam said:
My nan always used to say never send money with birthday cards in the post cause they'd go missing in the sorting office. And using the post around christmas is supposed to be almost as dodgey. Signed parcles usually go through at least 6 sets of hands between dispatch and arriving at your door so it wouldn't surprise me if someone's been keeping an eye out for game parcels especially one as popular as San Andreas. But this is the first case i've heard of this happening. You should take it up with royal mail to because first class recorded covers you upto about £30 so claim with them and if amazon replace it to, it might help sweeten that sour taste you've been so unfortunate to experience.

just love it., your nan is right!never send money in the post!!! :)

respect for olders!!!!

Reaction score
Although i have a good comment for this! I ordered it on saturday night, and it came (it being the box) came on monday morning... so i thought that was great!!!!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
So Amazon are sorting you out then? That's good.

Recently I ordered a DVD from Playcom, it was posted through the letter box. The cardboard package it came in had been opened, but the DVD was still intact, sealed in cellophane, inside.

This is the time of year the Royal Mail take on temp workers for the extra Christmas traffic. It seems to me that oppurtunists are looking for that particular game as it's very much in demand atm and easy to sell.

Reaction score
Had your package come open by accident?

Or was it just that someone looked inside, saw it was a DVD, realised they did not have a DVD player, and it would be hard to sell, so decided to leave it?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
KGB-911 said:
Had your package come open by accident?

Or was it just that someone looked inside, saw it was a DVD, realised they did not have a DVD player, and it would be hard to sell, so decided to leave it?
Dunno mate, I'm not a mind reader or fortune teller :D

The parcel had been forcibly opened though, I could tell by looking at the glue. And I've ordered quite a few things from Playcom, games, CD's and DVD's, and that's never happened before.

I'm only speculating, of course, but I'd guess whoever opened it was looking for something specific - like that Playstation Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question