Return value (2146).

jedec

Hi

I have following log record:

userid: 1000
evet source: security
computer network. Return value (2146).

Record in event log repeats every few minutes until RPC becomes
unresponsive. After restart everything works OK ?(seems so). Error occur
random (twice a month).

Has anybody experienced same error and maybe found solution ?

jedec

Bobby McMillan [MSFT]

Is the event consistant with cerver load, Scanning the drives for viruses?

--------------------
| From: "jedec"
| Subject: Return value (2146).
| Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:55:30 +0100
|
| Hi
|
| I have following log record:
|
| userid: 1000
| evet source: security
| computer network. Return value (2146).
|
| Record in event log repeats every few minutes until RPC becomes
| unresponsive. After restart everything works OK ?(seems so). Error occur
| random (twice a month).
|
| Has anybody experienced same error and maybe found solution ?
|
| jedec

jedec

No, server is not heavy loaded. It has installed exchange 5.5 SP4 with 20
mailboxes. It is IBM 5500 with 512 MB RAM.
Virus scanning (disk scan) runs once a week, but not at the time error
occur. Mcafee shield runs all the time.

Error is logged every 5 min (approx.) and repeats until restart.
Before first error there is another error with ID 1000, source userenv,
desc. Windows cannot unload your registry file.

Andrew Mitchell

jedec said:
Hi

I have following log record:

userid: 1000
evet source: security
computer network. Return value (2146).

Record in event log repeats every few minutes until RPC becomes
unresponsive. After restart everything works OK ?(seems so). Error occur
random (twice a month).

Has anybody experienced same error and maybe found solution ?

Check your DNS server for any problems around the same time (and make sure
you have the correct DNS server configured on the server having the
problem)
Most of the time errors similar to that are DNS related so I would suggest
looking there.

Andy.