replies

Kathryn Keeney

do any of you ever get responses to your questions?
i have had a post on here for over a week and no one has answered. i asked
another person that posted and he also had not received a reply.
this is not much of a help site.
thanks

Nancy Limberger

I'm concerned about this too. I'm not surprised that nobody answers. I
posted a question today (12/12). If I don't get a response to my question
that is posted in a few days, I'm deleting it!

I am afraid that we will all get a lot of unwanted responses like spam and
pop-ups by having our email addresses on this. What do you know about this
potential problem? I'm about to delete my message and get off this Newsgroup
thing if I find any spam coming in tomorrow even if I don't get an answer to
my question.

Nancy

Chris Lanier

Hi, first, you don't delete messages from this newsgroup, Microsoft could.
Second, this is a *peer* supported group. Microsoft doesn't provide support
through these groups, a *few* nice Microsoft employees will post help in
there *spare* time. It's not there job to answer any posts in the
Newsgroups.

To avoid spam you should *never* post your real e-mail address. See mine
(i.e (e-mail address removed). You can't get spam if your address is not
right.

If no one answers your question it could be for a number of reasons. The
largest one being the question doesn't relate to the Windows XP Operating
System. That would be the case with Kathryn Keeney's "cd burner" question.
HP makes RecordNow, for support, contact them. You should have the software
on a CD-ROM or you can download it from HP. Windows XP has built in CD
burning, you could always use it.

In the case of Nancy Limberger's question, it's only been 2 hours! Wait
till tomorrow, if it has not been answered, please repost "once" in the same
group.

In any newsgroup you should expect a 24 hour wait before an answer is given.
Is amount of time can change from an answer minutes after your post, to days
after, weeks after, or even months! It all depends on how many users just
like you decided to take time out of there day in order to help others. The
great MVP's in addition to others will spend hours upon hours in here all
day, every day answering questions. You can't expect us to answer all of
them in a matter of minutes.

The more you make posts saying how you don't get your questions answered,
the more likely it is for everyone to ignore you. About 85% of questions
asked are repeat questions. Use Google Group's to search for answers in
real time (http://tinyurl.com/z0w7)

If you are not getting the support that you need then contact Microsoft
Support Services.

Product Support Services

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;EN-US;top

---Kathryn Keeney's Personal Questions---

Subject: cd burner (Ask HP, it's not a Microsoft product)

http://tinyurl.com/z0tw

Subject: java? (w/ answer)

http://tinyurl.com/z0ts

Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP Windows Shell/User\)

I just ran a search on this board going back to November 2 and the only post
I found from you was the one to which I'm now replying.

Epona

Michael said:
I just ran a search on this board going back to November 2 and the
only post I found from you was the one to which I'm now replying.

Mike - you feeling OK? If you're referring to Kathryn she posted a question
back on the 6th saying she couldn't get JAVA to work - there was only one
reply - yours. ;o)

Epona

Nancy said:
I'm concerned about this too. I'm not surprised that nobody answers.
I posted a question today (12/12). If I don't get a response to my
question that is posted in a few days, I'm deleting it!

This is a *newsgroup*, dear. You can't delete a message from a remote
server.
I am afraid that we will all get a lot of unwanted responses like
spam and pop-ups by having our email addresses on this.

Well, obviously, if you're stupid enough to post your real address here.

What do you know about this potential problem?

That you're a fool for posting your real address. This is *NOT* MS tech
support, and no one is going to email you. If you want to read replies to
your messages, then you return here.

I'm about to delete my message and get off this Newsgroup thing

You *CANNOT* delete your messages - that can only be done by MS.

if I find any spam coming in tomorrow even if I don't get an answer to my
question.

Well, as you've been foolish enough to post your real address, I'd say that
it's a dead cert that you'll find your mailbox full of it.

The above applies to Kathryn too.

And I really do thank you Chris! I stumbled opon this
site while bored surfing some time ago,and have learned
much by just reading,and have discovered many a great web
sites.Thanks again to all who have contributed.

this is a *peer* supported group. Microsoft doesn't
provide support
through these groups, a *few* nice Microsoft employees
will post help in
there *spare* time. It's not there job to answer any
posts in the
Newsgroups.

Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP Windows Shell/User\)

Epona, LOL, maybe just a bit tired. Guess I missed it.<LOL>