Email Bounce Error

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes anyway.......
My non techy cousin in Australia (in the outback a bit!!) can't send an email to me - getting the following message...

5.12 EMAIL BOUNCE ERROR. Message not delivered Domain name of Email not valid.
The message could not be delivered because the recipient email provider says that the recipient email does not exist or cannot receive email.

Obviously I can't see whats on his actual screen, but I assume he's clicking on reply and not just mistyping my email address

Bit of a long shot but I thought I'd ask!!

Biscuitman

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It sounds like he's got the incorrect email address (specifically the second part after the @). Might be worth a phone call and just double checking what he's using. It could be he's typed it incorrectly once before, then the auto-complete suggestion is bringing up this erroneous e-mail address, I've had that happen before.

Reaction score
email bounce errors may also be caused by issues with the sender's email server or settings, or by spam filters or other security measures used by the recipient's email provider.

Ask a Question