Outlook Removing backgrounds from incoming Outlook messages

Reaction score
I am working on Windows XP and Office 2003. I am working remotely using a VPN and Remote Desktop Connection and every time someone sends an email with a background on it when I open the message it slows down my connection to the point where it is not usable. Is there some way I can strip all incoming messages of backgrounds? I know if I open the message and go to the FORMAT menu I can chose the option No Fill for the background, but that requires opening the message first. I'm looking for some way to make a rule or something that will do this for ALL messages. I don't want to turn off HTML completely, nor do I want to remove all attachments because I need those features for many of my incoming messages.

Thank you very much for your time.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCR

I was about to suggest ...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831607

... then I reread your post, however, the Read all standard mail in plain text option is for display purposes only. The original e-mail message is not converted to plain text format. May still work for you.

Best I can offer.

:user:

Ask a Question