Remote desktop

G

I can not get remote dsktop to work. When I go to the network troubleshooting and click on terminal service troubleshooting I get the following message

Cannot display the page
The page you are trying to view cannot be displayed. This may be because:
If you are trying to view this content over the network, there may be network congestion or a problem with your connection.
There might be an error in the page's address.
The page might not be available.
Please check your network connection or try another page.

There is something in my network that is preventing me from using remote desktop. Is there a way to uninstall and reinstall

Thank

S

Sooner Al

Perhaps it would be best to describe how your trying to use Remote Desktop?

Do you have Remote Desktop enabled on the XP Pro host box?

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/gomobile/remotedesktop/default.asp

Are you trying to access the host box over a local LAN? If so, are you calling using the correct LAN
IP address? Are you running any personal firewall software that may be causing a problem? If so,
either disable the firewall software or open TCP Port 3389.

Are you trying to access the host box over the public internet? If so are you calling the correct
IP? Do you have any firewalls that may be blocking RD? If so forward TCP Port 3389 to the private
LAN IP of the host.

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the mutual benefit of all of us...
The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights...

Glenn Grossman said:
I can not get remote dsktop to work. When I go to the network troubleshooting and click on
terminal service troubleshooting I get the following message:

Ask a Question