Reminder - backup!!!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm just posting this as a timely reminder for everyone :)

I went to do a hard copy backup from my external drive to DVD... however, on doing the drive went pair shaped and I lost all of the data. Why, I do not know - but luckily some free data recovery tools on the net could get any files change since the last backup.

Had I not had a recent backup, I would have been in some deep trouble :eek: So to anyone with important documents, university work, photos, or financial stuff... please remember to back up to CD/DVD every so often!

Today I've managed to have a router AND an external drive fail on me :wall:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, I spent all morning trying to figure out why my connection was degrading even more - and the afternoon recovering files... fun fun fun :wall: Things seem almost back to normal now though thankfully - it could have been worse :thumb:

On the plus side, I did get a bag full of beers from a friend who had too many left over from a house party :D

Reaction score
Not much of a party if there was left over beer..I normally run out before midnight. Good thing living above a 24hr offie

Reaction score
I back up daily to a USB stick & then weekly to either a CD-R or DVD-R depending on file size.

As for left over beer, i never have any!!!!

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
On the plus side, I did get a bag full of beers from a friend who had too many left over from a house party :D

I don't understand.... :confused:

Reaction score
lol, ah ok. Thanks for clearing it up. I assumed it was a house party and all the beer didn't get drunk. Cause that would be weird!! ;-)

Ask a Question