Registry Size is increased in Windows 2000 Terminal Server Application Server Mode

P

Phei Ling

Dear Sir,

According to KB906952, it's true that our server registry size is keep on increasing due to our server is running Terminal Servers in Application Server mode.
Based on this article, I have deleted the \\%ClientName%\%PrinterName% (from %ClientName%) in session SessionName,localspl at HKEY_USER\.Default\Printers\DevModes2.

Beside this, I found out ALL SUBFOLDER under HKEY_USER\.Default\Software\Hewlett-Packard\DEMFileData like PrinterName\ClientName\SessionName. May I know if I find any those subfolder got PrinterName\ClientName\SessionName, can I delete these subfolder ?
If I have deleted these subfolder that I have mentioned, does it got any impact to my server ? If I delete those registry, does the registry size will be decreased ?

Every day I need to restart the spooler services coz I also suspect that it's also due to the spooler service and delete the registry based on the KB906952. After one month monitoring, our registry size didn't increase at all.

Do u have any solution to prevent the registry size increase ? coz it's very stupid that need to restart the spooler service every day and clean the registry session 3 times per week in order to prevent the resigry size increased.

Based on the KB906952, microsoft provide the hotfix to solve this kind of problem. We need to call Microsoft Product Support Services to get the Hotfix. In my opinion, this is the bug of the windows 2000 server terminal service. Microsoft should provide the hotfix on the website, so that we can download it to from website instead of call those Microsfot Product Support Services.

tq,
PL

Ask a Question