Windows XP registry save

Reaction score
i'm curious if anyone knows of a way to save the installed programs on a computer yet still re-install Windows XP Pro. I am trying to reinstall the Os without having to reinstall every thing else that I have installed. I would also like to just keep the programs and not ALL of the system settings.

Reaction score
dfroelicher said:
i'm curious if anyone knows of a way to save the installed programs on a computer yet still re-install Windows XP Pro. I am trying to reinstall the Os without having to reinstall every thing else that I have installed. I would also like to just keep the programs and not ALL of the system settings.

Its not impossible but quite time consuming.
It would be easier to have an extra HDD Install the OS onto that and transfer what you need to.

Reaction score
Time I have. Hard drive I do not.

Please elaborate.

itsme said:
Its not impossible but quite time consuming.
It would be easier to have an extra HDD Install the OS onto that and transfer what you need to.

Reaction score
Wow!! That is a lot a stuff about the registry. Looks like I'll be busy for a while, thanks.:thumb:

Ask a Question