Windows XP Registry Cleaner/Fixer

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
feckit ... try this for me please;
[font=Arial,Helvetica]
right click mycomputer in Properties click,
advanced / performance / settings / Data Execution Prevention
ALLOW "Turn on DEP" for and browse to Internet Explorer.

:)
[/font]

muckshifter

Reaction score
itsme said:
What a coincident it has been happening to myself also; but as you say only on Pc review especially in crunchers corner, I thought nothing of it until now, so have been scanning/searching and found nothing thwart, I guess Ian has some work to do so good luck kind Sir ;) I have the utmost faith while on this forum:thumb:
WHEN did this **** start hapening ... need some times & dates here folks. :(

OH, ang on ... everybody just load Linux up ... problem solved and I can stop talking to myself.
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
[font=Arial,Helvetica]

[/font]

I have done that 2 dyas ago mucks still happens [not often but it happens]:confused:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ah poo - can everyone let me know when/where this happens? I have a feeling it is something on a specific page causing it :( I will look around for it now!

Reaction score
It started monday with my PC`s only in crunchers corner it has been happening 6-10 times a day, no error mesage just IE has encountered a problem> and shuts IE down withing 5 sec:)

muckshifter

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Ah poo - can everyone let me know when/where this happens? I have a feeling it is something on a specific page causing it :( I will look around for it now!
It may be the Boinc Sig gen as everybody, except me :p , seems to be having a problem in crunchers corner.

:confused:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I can't see to get this problem to happen now, I did run this though:

regsvr32 mshtml.dll

and I don't know if that fixed it?

If it happens again can someone post the exact URL and I'll see whats on that page?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
It may be the Boinc Sig gen as everybody, except me :p , seems to be having a problem in crunchers corner.

:confused:

I never had any problem just like you ;)

muckshifter

Reaction score
I just been on the MJW pc for the past 20mins and cannot get any errors ... but I'm hopeing it is the Boinc sigs that are the cause.

Will have to wait for V_R to come back off his lunch break. :thumb:

oh, 'ang on, it's tea time.
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
[font=Arial,Helvetica]

[/font]
No joke, but when i do as stated above when i browse for IE it does not appear when i browse, but i can see the icon in front of me, all very strange. But the box that does appear with it being unchecked is "run DLL as an App"

Sorry if i'm a bit of a cretin at the moment but been trying to do other things and need a beer after today

The problems for me started about 7-10 days ago and sorry to say this Ian but only on this site i think

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think I may have sorted it - it was a strange character in one of the posts which seems to have done it.

It looked like a strange quotation mark, so I've replaced them now with normal ones. Lets see if that does it?

Reaction score

muckshifter

Reaction score
feckit said:
No joke, but when i do as stated above when i browse for IE it does not appear when i browse, but i can see the icon in front of me, all very strange. The problems for me started about the time i put WCG on, could it be that or just a coincidence?
Highly improbable to be anything to do with WCG, we would see a whole host of "complaints over on their forum, there are none ;) ... more likely to be something as simple as the Boinc Sig generator, we have had them cause browser problems before. I hope we don't have to "ban" them, but if it turns out that is the cause then so be it.

It does interfere with my FF & Linux, but I don't get any crashes, it just will not completely finish loading the page ... where there is no Boinc Sig my pages load instantly.

I cannot reproduce the "error" on the Windows Box I have here ... but then the "error" now seems to have taken a break.

It also is not affecting everybody, just some, we need to find out what differences there is ... :)

muckshifter

Reaction score
feckit said:
Have tried and failed to install them due to the following "The version of IE you have installed does not match the update you are trying to install"
I have tried more patchs and fix's than a nicotine starved junkie:p
Yeah, just tried it myself on MJW and it does the same as you ... you just gatta love MS

laughingsmiley.gif

muckshifter

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I think I may have sorted it - it was a strange character in one of the posts which seems to have done it.

It looked like a strange quotation mark, so I've replaced them now with normal ones. Lets see if that does it?
ah, now then ... would that be "itisi" quoted ... :blush:

oops! :blush:

Reaction score
thread info

Ian Cunningham said:

It's still happening, was on the following link when it happened 2 mins ago:
pcreview.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=#7982541#post7982541

But does happen on other threads all overthis site:(
The good news is i'm only 546 from hitting 10k on WCG:D

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I can't get that thread to do it for me, it seems to be quite intermittant. What I'm going to do as a test is remove sigs for an hour and see if it still happens. Will make some changes in the next few mins, so let me know if it happens again?

Ask a Question