Red Alert 3

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Official Website : http://www.ea.com/redalert/
Release Date : October 31, 2008

I'm really looking forward to this being released - the C&C games are always good fun, and this sound sounds like it will continue where the previous ones left off (in terms of gameplay).

There's also Gemma Atkinson representing the Brits in the game, which can't be a bad thing :D

Red Alert 3 features a fully co-operative campaign mode where the player can team up with another player, or one of several AI characters such as Major Giles, a stiff upper lip British commander, to complete the campaign. The game has been promised to retain both the style and action-oriented gameplay of the Red Alert series, and the fast-paced gameplay of the latest C&C titles.

The first Red Alert revolved around an alternate World War II between the Allies (including Germany) and the Soviet Union, with some high-tech esoterica, such as GPS, weaponized tesla coils, force fields and limited time travel. Red Alert 2 featured a Soviet invasion of USA with tanks, conscripts, gargantuan airships and psychically dominated anti-ship giant squid; its expansion, Yuri's Revenge, escalated matters up to UFOs and communists on the Moon. Executive producer of Red Alert 3, Chris Corry, has confirmed[9] that the game will further differentiate the playable factions from each other and "[play] up the silliness in their faction design whenever possible". The Soviets and Allies have a mix of old and new units and technologies. New Soviet units include armoured attack bears, Tesla boats known as "Stingrays" that can also travel on land, making them a replacement for the Tesla Tank, anti-infantry spider-like tanks called "Sickles" that have the ability to jump over terrain elevations and an amphibious transport unit called the "Bullfrog" that evacuates its passengers using a large "man cannon". The Allies receive a new Tanya unit that is equipped with a "time belt", allowing her to transport herself to the past in order to regain health, and "Cryocopters", unarmed helicopters equipped with powerful freeze and shrink rays. The Empire of the Rising Sun has giant transforming mecha, ninjas, a psychic schoolgirl and submersible planes.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Got this pre-ordered today with Amazon for £26.98 :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Arrived this morning, will let you know what it's like once I'd had a chance to play it over the weekend :)

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Well hurry up and let me know, i've got all the C&C series, i love games like that, Company of Heroes too,

Apart from Crysis Warhead (thats crap) i promised i wouldn't get another game until i have fully finished COD4 on PS3.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just got back from town, and who should we see but Gemma Atkinson herself! :D (dressed as Peter Pan though :confused: )

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Gemma Atkinson herself! :D (dressed as Peter Pan though :confused: )

She can be dressed as bl**dy father ********s for all I care..Imagination is a good thing...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Being somewhat out of touch I wondered 'Who is Gemma Atkinson?' (yep, I missed Ian's link)

So Googled >> Wikipedia >> uh-huh >> Google images >> :eek:

My goodness. Stacked.

Ask a Question