Free games

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
You probably have seen all of these beore but some folk may not.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/158/Halo_Zero.html

Halo Zero is a 2D fan game, based on a story before Halo 1, with the Reach battle..
This fan game is only for PC users who have Windows, A GeForce video card is better to play!

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/863/Warmonger_-_Operation:_Downtown_Destruction_Full_Game.html

PhysX vendor AGEIA has teamed up with NetDevil and presents Warmonger - Operation: Downtown Destruction. This is a full game based on the Unreal 3 Engine, with optional support for AGEIA PhysX cards.

http://www.gameupdates.org/details.php?id=814

A single player modification of the Half-Life 2 engine. After a disastrous rescue attempt to free Richard G Newell, a renowned rebel scientist, Dr. Gordon Freeman awakes to find himself locked in a holding cell on a mountainside prison facility dubbed 'Rock 24'. His new mission, locate and free the rebel scientist and escape the collapsing combine prison.

The mod began over a year and a half ago after some brainstorming between the two creators, Henley Bailey and Richard Acherki. Different ideas for plot, character development and settings were discussed until they both agreed on the Rock 24 concept.

The mod went through several stages of redesigning, before the firm decision was made on the plot and overall feel and look. At this point proper development began, areas were planned, set pieces discussed and work allocated between the two developers. After around a years work later, Rock 24 is finally complete and available for Download.

I just love Half-Life. :D

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1189/Command__Conquer:_Red_Alert_(Allied)_Disc.html

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1188/Command__Conquer:_Red_Alert_(Soviet)_Disc.html

Today, August 31st, 2008 marks the 13th anniversary of the storied Command & Conquer franchise, which has sold over 25 million copies to date. And to celebrate this milestone and this October's highly anticipated return to the world of Red Alert with Red Alert 3, we are giving away one of the original games that started it all, Command & Conquer Red Alert, for FREE.

happywave.gif

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've played Warmonger quite some time ago, may even be about a year ago.

It's ok for nothing but have to admit I wasn't terribly impressed.

The Half Life 2 mod looks good but you need a Bit Torrent client to download it and I ain't got one of those things.

And just to be a totally miserable git, I played the first edition of Command & Conquer and didn't think much of it at all.

I much preferred Starcraft :D

Still, always good to hear of freebies, some folk will like them :)

Best freebie to my mind is Track Mania Forever, superb driving game considering it costs nowt.

I wish somebody would release LBA2 as freeware and an emulator to play it on, I liked that game, never finished it though. Win 95 as I recall.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I've played Warmonger quite some time ago, may even be about a year ago.

It's ok for nothing but have to admit I wasn't terribly impressed.

The Half Life 2 mod looks good but you need a Bit Torrent client to download it and I ain't got one of those things.

And just to be a totally miserable git, I played the first edition of Command & Conquer and didn't think much of it at all.

I much preferred Starcraft :D

Still, always good to hear of freebies, some folk will like them :)

Best freebie to my mind is Track Mania Forever, superb driving game considering it costs nowt.

I wish somebody would release LBA2 as freeware and an emulator to play it on, I liked that game, never finished it though. Win 95 as I recall.

You can get the Half Life mod for the TechPowerup site, no need for a Torrent client. Though if you have Flash Get downloader then it will handle torrents. Not that I'm anarchistic or anything but I do like to promote the use of torrents for legal downloads as it spreads the load around and I think that is a good thing and helps to foster a shareing community spirit a bit like in the old days when hitch hikeing was popular.

:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hitch Hiking?

I was once driving from SE London back to Newquay on a mid-July Saturday, nice and sunny it was.

This was quite some time ago, I was considerably younger and roughly fitted the description of long haired hippy layabout. I was driving a black Bedford dormobile style van, sliding doors slid and locked back, enjoying the breeze.

I was aware my mode of transport had one leaky brake cylinder and I had to top up the brake fluid reservoir occasionally. I had vowed to make good the repair on reaching my home in Cornwall.

Just past Exeter I picked up a hitch-hiker, whose description could also be described as long haired hippy layabout. But he was a student and a little younger than me so he got away with it.

'Hi man' said he 'where you headed?' 'Newquay' said I, so he got in.

I was doing about 70 down this long shallow hill on a dual carriageway and when I braked the pedal hit the floor. Being aware of my misfunctioning braking system, I gently pumped the pedal until pressure returned and my brakes worked again.

I noticed my passenger glancing furtively at my driving style and after it happened a second time he asked 'Why do you keep pumping your brakes?' 'Don't worry' said I 'They do that sometimes, nothing to worry about'

He then went visibly pale (he was a white fella) and actually started trembling. He said quietly 'Could you stop and drop me off' No problem' I replied, 'next village ok?'

'No' he said in a slowly rising voice 'Now, right now. Please' He was speaking in a loud high pitched voice by now, how odd.

So I did drop him off right away, right there on the dual carriageway. His knees were wobbling as he walked off, he didn't even say thanks for the lift :D

Wot a wuss :lol:

Now then kids, don't try this at home, I was wrong wrong and totally wrong, I know now. But back then I was, er, irresponsible shall we say ?

And anyway, I'm still here, I did fix the van in Newquay and I never hit anything on that journey.

And how is this on topic?

Well, if you accept a lift as a hitch-hiker, you never know sometimes just what you're letting yourself in for ;)

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Hitch Hiking?

Just past Exeter I picked up a hitch-hiker, And how is this on topic?

Well, if you accept a lift as a hitch-hiker, you never know sometimes just what you're letting yourself in for ;)

The poor hitchhiker didnt know what he was gettin himself in for either:p
laughingsmiley.gif

Zzzzz

Last edited:

Ask a Question