Command and Conquer ... is back!!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Head on over to OpenRA and pick up your FREE game.

OpenRA is a Libre/Free Real Time Strategy project that recreates the classic Command & Conquer titles.

We include recreations of C&C (Tiberian Dawn), C&C: Red Alert, and Dune 2000. These are not intended to be perfect copies, but instead combine the classic gameplay of the originals with modern improvements such as unit veterancy and the fog of war.

OpenRA's primary focus is cross-platform multiplayer between Windows, OS X, and Linux; however, we include a number of single-player missions, and also support skirmish games against AI bots.

TB has a nice vid on this project.

:dance:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I used to love C&C Red Alert! :D

Looks like they've done a good job with this one too. Downloading now :).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just played a skirmish mode - it's very like the old game (same sounds, art, etc...). It works well at high resolutions too, although infantry are still tiny :).

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I never did care for that game tbh, I still have a new copy of Red Alert 3 here that I tried briefly then didn't bother with. Didn't mind original Starcraft though which I believe was similar.

Oh well, different strokes and all that ;)

And you can't complain for free, no sirree :D

Ask a Question