Recycle Bin insists on confirmation

SteveC

Why does Recycle Bin always ask for confirmation before deleting files. I have the box checked in properties for it not to, but it makes no difference. I enabled the dialog box and again disabled it. Vista apparently insists on double checking, so why even have the property box there?

Synapse Syndrome

"SteveC" <sconklan.nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
Why does Recycle Bin always ask for confirmation before deleting files. I
have the box checked in properties for it not to, but it makes no
difference. I enabled the dialog box and again disabled it. Vista
apparently insists on double checking, so why even have the property box
there?

You are deleting from a folder or drive with certain NTFS permissions that
the OS is asking you to confirm, most probably.

ss.

Richard Urban

What Norton garbage do you have on your computer?

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"SteveC" <sconklan.nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
Why does Recycle Bin always ask for confirmation before deleting files. I
have the box checked in properties for it not to, but it makes no
difference. I enabled the dialog box and again disabled it. Vista
apparently insists on double checking, so why even have the property box
there?

Joe Medford

The check box refers to a file or folder you are deleting example: I delete
a file on the desktop. The box refers to when you delte the file from the
desktop not the point of empting the recycle bin. I belive this is what
you asked

"SteveC" <sconklan.nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
Why does Recycle Bin always ask for confirmation before deleting files. I
have the box checked in properties for it not to, but it makes no
difference. I enabled the dialog box and again disabled it. Vista
apparently insists on double checking, so why even have the property box
there?

SteveC

Yes, I think you are correct about that, now that i think about it, but in XP, if you emptied the recycle bin, you didn't get a confirmation since you had already done that to put it in the recycle bin. Then again, maybe you did. In Vista, everything is second guessed, which gets a little annoying. Thanks.
The check box refers to a file or folder you are deleting example: I delete
a file on the desktop. The box refers to when you delte the file from the
desktop not the point of empting the recycle bin. I belive this is what
you asked

"SteveC" <sconklan.nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
Why does Recycle Bin always ask for confirmation before deleting files. I
have the box checked in properties for it not to, but it makes no
difference. I enabled the dialog box and again disabled it. Vista
apparently insists on double checking, so why even have the property box
there?

SteveC

dumped Norton and symantec a long, long time ago. LOL
What Norton garbage do you have on your computer?

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"SteveC" <sconklan.nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
Why does Recycle Bin always ask for confirmation before deleting files. I
have the box checked in properties for it not to, but it makes no
difference. I enabled the dialog box and again disabled it. Vista
apparently insists on double checking, so why even have the property box
there?

Richard Urban

Never hurts to ask. (-;

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"SteveC" <sconklan.nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
dumped Norton and symantec a long, long time ago. LOL
What Norton garbage do you have on your computer?

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"SteveC" <sconklan.nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
Why does Recycle Bin always ask for confirmation before deleting files. I
have the box checked in properties for it not to, but it makes no
difference. I enabled the dialog box and again disabled it. Vista
apparently insists on double checking, so why even have the property box
there?

Joe Medford

Never used to. I like that is is being safe, but can understand your point