Recording Soundtrack in slide show

James B. Holladay

I am using PP 2002 and have put together a 25 slide, slideshow. I have been
able to add a soundtrack to it and it works great on my computer. Went I
send it, it goes without the soundtrack.
How do I get PP 2002 to include, embed or transfer the sound track I thought
I had recorded. It appears as thought the sound icon is just a link to the
file on my computer.
Any help would be appreciated.
I have received PP slideshows with the back ground music or a soundtrack and
they have played on my computer without andy root sound file.

James B. Holladay

John,
Many thanks for getting me started.
I have not met with success as of yet but I am still hacking away.
What you introduced me to will most assuredly help.
James

"John Wilson" <john AT technologytrish.co DOT uk> wrote in message
Hi

If you have a wav format sound file you will need to change the file size
for linking setting
If it's an mp3 a lttle trickery is needed

Anything else it will not embed

More:
http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html#sounds

James B. Holladay

Once I downloaded CDX 1.70 Beta 4 I was able to accomplish what I was trying
to.
The first thing I had to do was reduce the size of the sound file (which was
a wave file) then convert it to MP3 then I used CDex to convert> "Add a RIFF
wav header to mp2/mp3" to produce a file that will be virtually identical to
the mp3 file but will have the .wav suffix and can be embedded.
The technique is to add a header to the .mp3 file that will convince
PowerPoint that it is actually a wav file. Although this will change the
file name to "something.wav" the file remains an mp3 file, the same size as
the original and will play in PowerPoint as an mp3 file.
Thanks,