How do I delete a Slide Transition sound?

Dick Stouffer

Using PP 97.

I received a .ppt slideshow with a poorly done Slide Transition soundtrack.

I want to replace it, but I can't get rid of the old one.

I tried [No Sound] | Apply | Save. Didn't work. The darned thing refuses
to go away and it's BIG, too BIG.

There must be some way to delete old sound files and reclaim the space they
took.

How do I do it?

Dick Stouffer

Go to the slide where the sound starts playing.
Click Slide Show > Slide Transition. See if you have added the sound there.
If yes, under Modify Transition (Sound setting), click the drop down box and
select no sound.

If it is not there, zoom out the slide until 25-33% and see if you can find
any sound icon. If yes, delete it.

Does that work for you?
--
Site Updated: December 04, 2005
http://www.pptheaven.xs3.com

There are also many other factors that can boom up the size of your
presentation.

Try turning off fast saves.
Click Tools > Options > Save. Uncheck Allow Fast Saves.
Then, save your presentation under a new filename.
See if it reduces the size.

Check this out:
"Why are my PowerPoint files so big? What can I do about it?"
http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00062.htm
--
Site Updated: December 04, 2005
http://www.pptheaven.xs3.com
PowerPoint Heaven - The Power to Animate
Contains tutorials on creating amazing animations for your PowerPoint
Presentations.
=========

Dick Stouffer

Thanks for the suggestions, tohlz. My copy of PPT97 doesn't have
a "Modify Transition" feature. Interestingly, using [No Sound] does
eliminate MY sound file, but not the old one. Hmmm. What would
be special about the old sound file?

I have studied the pptfaq. I has some useful tips, but nothing that
helps me delete old sound tracks.

I'm still using Win98se so I can't upgrade to PPT2003. It probably
has features that would solve my problem.

If you have any other suggestions, I'll try them.

Dick Stouffer

"tohlz" <pptheaven[AT]gmail[DOT]com> wrote in message
| Go to the slide where the sound starts playing.
| Click Slide Show > Slide Transition. See if you have added the sound there.
| If yes, under Modify Transition (Sound setting), click the drop down box and
| select no sound.
|
| If it is not there, zoom out the slide until 25-33% and see if you can find
| any sound icon. If yes, delete it.
|
| Does that work for you?
| --
| Site Updated: December 04, 2005
| http://www.pptheaven.xs3.com
| PowerPoint Heaven - The Power to Animate
| Contains tutorials on creating amazing animations for your PowerPoint
| Presentations.
| =========
|

| "Dick Stouffer" wrote:
|
| > Using PP 97.
| >
| > I received a .ppt slideshow with a poorly done Slide Transition soundtrack.
| >
| > I want to replace it, but I can't get rid of the old one.
| >
| > I tried [No Sound] | Apply | Save. Didn't work. The darned thing refuses
| > to go away and it's BIG, too BIG.
| >
| > There must be some way to delete old sound files and reclaim the space they
| > took.
| >
| > How do I do it?
| >
| > Dick Stouffer

Do you mean there are two sounds in your presentation?
If there is still a sound that plays in your presentation, you will need to
check the sound starts at which slide.

Then, go to that particular slide, zoom out the slide until 25-33% and see
if you can find any sound icon. Have you check on that? If there is, delete
it away.

If you still can't locate it, feel free to drop me an email together with
the presentation at pptheaven[at]gmail[dot]com
Replace the [at] with @ and [dot] with .
--
Site Updated: December 04, 2005
http://www.pptheaven.xs3.com
PowerPoint Heaven - The Power to Animate
Contains tutorials on creating amazing animations for your PowerPoint
Presentations.
=========

Dick Stouffer

Yes, there were two sound files in my Slide Transition box.
After [oh, maybe ten hours work] I discovered the problem:
When you select "[No Sound]" you must check "Apply to All"
and uncheck the Loop box. That will delete any and all sound files.
See http://RDStouffer.net/ppt.gif for a screen shot.

I also figured out how to copy a slideshow to a -new- slideshow
by selecting all components with Shift+click and a fairly simple macro
to do all the COPY and PASTE work. I was able to create a new
10-slide file, without a sound track of course, in about 15 minutes.

Thanks for your help and inspiration, tohlz. It was appreciated.

Dick Stouffer

___________________________________

"tohlz" <pptheaven[AT]gmail[DOT]com> wrote in message
| Do you mean there are two sounds in your presentation?
| If there is still a sound that plays in your presentation, you will need to
| check the sound starts at which slide.
|
| Then, go to that particular slide, zoom out the slide until 25-33% and see
| if you can find any sound icon. Have you check on that? If there is, delete
| it away.
|
| If you still can't locate it, feel free to drop me an email together with
| the presentation at pptheaven[at]gmail[dot]com
| Replace the [at] with @ and [dot] with .
| --
| Site Updated: December 04, 2005
| http://www.pptheaven.xs3.com
| PowerPoint Heaven - The Power to Animate
| Contains tutorials on creating amazing animations for your PowerPoint
| Presentations.
| =========
|

| "Dick Stouffer" wrote:
|
| > Thanks for the suggestions, tohlz. My copy of PPT97 doesn't have
| > a "Modify Transition" feature. Interestingly, using [No Sound] does
| > eliminate MY sound file, but not the old one. Hmmm. What would
| > be special about the old sound file?
| >
| > I have studied the pptfaq. I has some useful tips, but nothing that
| > helps me delete old sound tracks.
| >
| > I'm still using Win98se so I can't upgrade to PPT2003. It probably
| > has features that would solve my problem.
| >
| > If you have any other suggestions, I'll try them.
| >
| > Dick Stouffer

| > | Click Slide Show > Slide Transition. See if you have added the sound
there.
| > | If yes, under Modify Transition (Sound setting), click the drop down box
and
| > | select no sound.
| > |
| > | If it is not there, zoom out the slide until 25-33% and see if you can
find
| > | any sound icon. If yes, delete it.
| > |
| > | Does that work for you?
| > | --
| > | Site Updated: December 04, 2005
| > | http://www.pptheaven.xs3.com
| > | PowerPoint Heaven - The Power to Animate
| > | Contains tutorials on creating amazing animations for your PowerPoint
| > | Presentations.
| > | =========
| > |
| > |
| > | "Dick Stouffer" wrote:
| > |

Dick Stouffer

Yes, there were two sound files in my Slide Transition box.
After [oh, maybe ten hours work] I discovered the problem:
When you select "[No Sound]" you must check "Apply to All"
and uncheck the Loop box. That will delete any and all sound files.
See http://RDStouffer.net/ppt.gif for a screen shot.

I also figured out how to copy a slideshow to a -new- slideshow
by selecting all components with Shift+click and a fairly simple macro
to do all the COPY and PASTE work. I was able to create a new
10-slide file, without a sound track of course, in about 15 minutes.

Thanks for your help and inspiration, tohlz. It was appreciated.

Dick Stouffer

___________________________________

"tohlz" <pptheaven[AT]gmail[DOT]com> wrote in message
| Do you mean there are two sounds in your presentation?
| If there is still a sound that plays in your presentation, you will need to
| check the sound starts at which slide.
|
| Then, go to that particular slide, zoom out the slide until 25-33% and see
| if you can find any sound icon. Have you check on that? If there is, delete
| it away.
|
| If you still can't locate it, feel free to drop me an email together with
| the presentation at pptheaven[at]gmail[dot]com
| Replace the [at] with @ and [dot] with .
| --
| Site Updated: December 04, 2005
| http://www.pptheaven.xs3.com
| PowerPoint Heaven - The Power to Animate
| Contains tutorials on creating amazing animations for your PowerPoint
| Presentations.
| =========
|

| "Dick Stouffer" wrote:
|
| > Thanks for the suggestions, tohlz. My copy of PPT97 doesn't have
| > a "Modify Transition" feature. Interestingly, using [No Sound] does
| > eliminate MY sound file, but not the old one. Hmmm. What would
| > be special about the old sound file?
| >
| > I have studied the pptfaq. I has some useful tips, but nothing that
| > helps me delete old sound tracks.
| >
| > I'm still using Win98se so I can't upgrade to PPT2003. It probably
| > has features that would solve my problem.
| >
| > If you have any other suggestions, I'll try them.
| >
| > Dick Stouffer

| > | Click Slide Show > Slide Transition. See if you have added the sound
there.
| > | If yes, under Modify Transition (Sound setting), click the drop down box
and
| > | select no sound.
| > |
| > | If it is not there, zoom out the slide until 25-33% and see if you can
find
| > | any sound icon. If yes, delete it.
| > |
| > | Does that work for you?
| > | --
| > | Site Updated: December 04, 2005
| > | http://www.pptheaven.xs3.com
| > | PowerPoint Heaven - The Power to Animate
| > | Contains tutorials on creating amazing animations for your PowerPoint
| > | Presentations.
| > | =========
| > |
| > |