Recording guitar again...

Reaction score
well i recieved the 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch converter cable today, plugged it into the mic input, and it didnt pick up any sound. I plugged it into the preamp out (the only output i have on my amp), and into line in, and nothing hampened. I dont know if im missing something obvious, but its getting on my nerves. Nothing is muted, every audio control is on full, but it still wont record anything

please help :(

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Have you checked your 'record' levels in volume control?

You'll need to un-mute line in and mic and raise the sliders a bit. You may also have to select 'record source' or similar depending on your sound device software.

Reaction score
i have a £10 trust 5.1 card :p the 'software' is non - existant :p

there is nothing muted and every is at max. something is wrong.

btw im using audacity

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You shouldn't have to have Audacity open to just hear your guitar, you should be able to plug it in and hear it through your computer speakers, if you plug the guitar straight into mic input.

You could try pulling the smaller jack plug in and out of the socket a little, guitar output is one channel and card input is two, though they're probably twinned within the lead.

Other than that, I have not a clue :confused:

Reaction score
great

its not working, no sound through mic input or anything

maybe i just have a crap soundcard

Ask a Question