downloaded the recommended drivers from the MSI website and
then running setup on these should sort this out? But we
always end up at the same place.

Cheers,
Neil.

G

Hi

Pls follow the steps to setup your PC

1. Go to http://www.msicomputer.com/support/sup_FreeDL2.asp to download the latest XP compatible
drivers and chipset drivers for your model; also download the latest BIOS
Save the chipset drivers and vedio card drivers to a specific folder (don't save them to desktop

Printout the instructions for how to update BIOS, chipset drivers etc
http://www.msicomputer.com/support/bios_result.as

Download the latest sound card drivers from the manufacturer's website if it cannot be downloaded from MSI website) and save it to a specific folder

2. Strictly follow MSI instructions for how to update the mobo BIOS. Special care should be taken as an improper update of BIOS would turn your PC to a dead stone
After successfully updated the BIOS (I would suggest you to backup the BIOS before update for just in case), load the default settings and then change any settings you want to change then save and exit BIOS setup
If you encounter any problems during BIOS update procedures, DON'T power off the PC, follow the instructions from MSI for BIOS recovery procedures

3. Right click on desktop and change the display to VGA mode (do not reboot now)
Run msconfig. click the startup tab and uncheck the box(es) for the anitVirus software
This action is to prevent antiVirus application to run on startup then reboot
After reboot, a warning message would popup, check the box for not to alert you next time

4. Restart the PC to save mode by pressing the F8 key after POST, select login with
administartive right
Go to Control Panel/Add or Remove Program, unistall the sound card and vedio card drivers(if any

5. Go to device manager, uninstall the sound adapter and the vedio adapter(if any

6. Go to C:\windows\program files, delete the folders for your sound card and vedio car
Reboot to normal

7. After windows startup normally, check to make sure antiVirus application is not running at the background
Open the specific folder for the chipset drivers, open it and install the latest chipset drivers then reboot

8. After reboot, open the specific folder for the sound drivers. Open it and install the drivers and reboot

9. After reboot, go to device manager and check for the sound adapter
If there is no yellow? mark and windows confirmed it works properly,
try play a CD and check the midi sounds. If everything is OK, go to step 10

10. Open the specific folder for vedio drivers and install the drivers. Do not disturb until you are prompted to reboot

After reboot, your PC should work normally. Change the display settings to your desire
Run msconfig again and restore the settings under the startup tab then reboot

BTW, you may also try the drivers from nvidia.com if you don't satisfied with the performance of the MSI display drivers
See below link
http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.as

Hope it helps

Pete

----- neil wrote: ----

Hi, I am trying to help my brother sort out his compute
(from afar). He has recently installed XP on his Time PC i
has the MSI K7N2GM motherboard with RealTek ALC650 audi
and the nvidia nforce2 MCP2 Chipset. What ever drivers w
install we seem to always get the yellow exclamation mar
in the Device Manager and it says the Driver is probabl
missing or invalid. (Code 39)

Does anyone have any clue as to what is going on? Surel
downloaded the recommended drivers from the MSI website an
then running setup on these should sort this out? But w
always end up at the same place

Cheers
Neil

G

Hi

Sorry, in step 6, should be C:\program file

Pete

----- Peter wrote: ----

Hi

Pls follow the steps to setup your PC

1. Go to http://www.msicomputer.com/support/sup_FreeDL2.asp to download the latest XP compatible
drivers and chipset drivers for your model; also download the latest BIOS
Save the chipset drivers and vedio card drivers to a specific folder (don't save them to desktop

Printout the instructions for how to update BIOS, chipset drivers etc
http://www.msicomputer.com/support/bios_result.as

Download the latest sound card drivers from the manufacturer's website if it cannot be downloaded from MSI website) and save it to a specific folder

2. Strictly follow MSI instructions for how to update the mobo BIOS. Special care should be taken as an improper update of BIOS would turn your PC to a dead stone
After successfully updated the BIOS (I would suggest you to backup the BIOS before update for just in case), load the default settings and then change any settings you want to change then save and exit BIOS setup
If you encounter any problems during BIOS update procedures, DON'T power off the PC, follow the instructions from MSI for BIOS recovery procedures

3. Right click on desktop and change the display to VGA mode (do not reboot now)
Run msconfig. click the startup tab and uncheck the box(es) for the anitVirus software
This action is to prevent antiVirus application to run on startup then reboot
After reboot, a warning message would popup, check the box for not to alert you next time

4. Restart the PC to save mode by pressing the F8 key after POST, select login with
administartive right
Go to Control Panel/Add or Remove Program, unistall the sound card and vedio card drivers(if any

5. Go to device manager, uninstall the sound adapter and the vedio adapter(if any

6. Go to C:\windows\program files, delete the folders for your sound card and vedio car
Reboot to normal

7. After windows startup normally, check to make sure antiVirus application is not running at the background
Open the specific folder for the chipset drivers, open it and install the latest chipset drivers then reboot

8. After reboot, open the specific folder for the sound drivers. Open it and install the drivers and reboot

9. After reboot, go to device manager and check for the sound adapter
If there is no yellow? mark and windows confirmed it works properly,
try play a CD and check the midi sounds. If everything is OK, go to step 10

10. Open the specific folder for vedio drivers and install the drivers. Do not disturb until you are prompted to reboot

After reboot, your PC should work normally. Change the display settings to your desire
Run msconfig again and restore the settings under the startup tab then reboot

BTW, you may also try the drivers from nvidia.com if you don't satisfied with the performance of the MSI display drivers
See below link
http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.as

Hope it helps

Pete

----- neil wrote: ----

Hi, I am trying to help my brother sort out his compute
(from afar). He has recently installed XP on his Time PC i
has the MSI K7N2GM motherboard with RealTek ALC650 audi
and the nvidia nforce2 MCP2 Chipset. What ever drivers w
install we seem to always get the yellow exclamation mar
in the Device Manager and it says the Driver is probabl
missing or invalid. (Code 39)