    player or windows media ...I can however get sound thru
    my cd and other sites not using the real player and or
    windows media pplayer...can anyone help?

    courageous xpuser, May 28, 2004

  2. courageous xpuser

    Jim Macklin Guest

    Try JetAudio, it doesn't have the bad manners of Real.

    Jim Macklin, May 28, 2004

  3. Im interested in learning How to correct a device that is
    prohibiting my system from using the RP/WMP setup? Would
    you be able to help identify the problem and is it
    possible to correct ? I hear bad manners and I am not
    fluent in what that means computer language? please
    explain! thank s again

    courageous xpuser, May 28, 2004
  4. courageous xpuser

    Jim Macklin Guest

    I have the opinion that all Real Player installations
    install unwanted programs and act as hijackers, taking over
    file associations and generally trying to control how I use
    my computer.

    I have not installed any Real programs for some time and
    cannot provide any advice beyond suggesting that you open
    WMP, Tools/Options/file types and use the select all button
    to take back the media types that don't require REAL Player
    to run. Then open REAL and try to set only the REAL media
    files.

    JetAudio will play just about any media type, including REAL
    media but it won't try to hijack your system or make itself
    the default player.

    "courageous xpuser" <>
    wrote in message
    | Im interested in learning How to correct a device that is
    | prohibiting my system from using the RP/WMP setup? Would
    | you be able to help identify the problem and is it
    | possible to correct ? I hear bad manners and I am not
    | fluent in what that means computer language? please
    | explain! thank s again

    | >|

    Jim Macklin, May 28, 2004