real player media player

courageous xpuser

i am continually getting a pop up error stating CANNOT
FIND specified file/path typed incorrectly cannot find
cannot play....
it does not matter which internet site i choose or
if its streaming / video or sound...and does this on
different sites...that use the real player windows media
player for their sound I am not able to bring up real
player or windows media ...I can however get sound thru
my cd and other sites not using the real player and or
windows media pplayer...can anyone help?

Jim Macklin

Try JetAudio, it doesn't have the bad manners of Real.

"courageous xpuser" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
| i am continually getting a pop up error stating CANNOT
| FIND specified file/path typed incorrectly cannot find
| cannot play....
| it does not matter which internet site i choose or
| if its streaming / video or sound...and does this on
| different sites...that use the real player windows media
| player for their sound I am not able to bring up real
| player or windows media ...I can however get sound thru
| my cd and other sites not using the real player and or
| windows media pplayer...can anyone help?

courageous xpuser

Im interested in learning How to correct a device that is
prohibiting my system from using the RP/WMP setup? Would
you be able to help identify the problem and is it
possible to correct ? I hear bad manners and I am not
fluent in what that means computer language? please
explain! thank s again

Jim Macklin

I have the opinion that all Real Player installations
install unwanted programs and act as hijackers, taking over
file associations and generally trying to control how I use
my computer.

I have not installed any Real programs for some time and
cannot provide any advice beyond suggesting that you open
WMP, Tools/Options/file types and use the select all button
to take back the media types that don't require REAL Player
to run. Then open REAL and try to set only the REAL media
files.

JetAudio will play just about any media type, including REAL
media but it won't try to hijack your system or make itself
the default player.

wrote in message
| Im interested in learning How to correct a device that is
| prohibiting my system from using the RP/WMP setup? Would
| you be able to help identify the problem and is it
| possible to correct ? I hear bad manners and I am not
| fluent in what that means computer language? please
| explain! thank s again

| >|