Pokemon GO

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So come on, own up. Who's interested in this? I have no interest in it personally but it must be doing something right as its exploded in popularity. :eek:

Travel between the real world and the virtual world of Pokémon with Pokémon GO for iPhone and Android devices. With Pokémon GO, you’ll discover Pokémon in a whole new world—your own! Pokémon GO is built on Niantic’s Real World Gaming Platform and will use real locations to encourage players to search far and wide in the real world to discover Pokémon. Pokémon GO will allow players to find and catch more than a hundred different Pokémon as they explore their surroundings.
http://www.pokemon.com/uk/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-go/

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'm glad you posted this - I keep stumbling across references to Pokemon Go but haven't bothered to read into what it actually was! Seems like a good idea, and (even though I'm not into Pokemon) I can see that this would be very addictive. Nice that it gets people out exploring their surroundings :)

Some of my friends at school were into Pokemon, but I seem to remember it was aired on Sky, which we didn't have at home, so I never got into it.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Did you see that some people are claiming that Pokemon Go is having a very positive effect upon their mental health? Apparently, the game is giving them a reason to get out-and-about. Link here.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Yeah it's a real shame! I suppose people need to use common sense regardless of the game - going to certain areas very late at night can be a bad idea.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
theoatmeal pokemon.jpg

Credit: http://theoatmeal.com/

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Just saw this article on the BBC...

Player claims to have caught all UK characters

The 33-year-old said he has spent "pretty much every waking hour" on the app since it was launched on 6 July.

Mr Clark said he had lost more than two stone in weight during the process and claimed his final catch was a Lapras found "round the back of Primark".

Well that's dedication I guess... :eek: :lol:

Ask a Question