transcoding service". This worked perfectly on a Dell when
it was new. The hard drive went out and a tech changed out
the hard drive and reinstalled win xp. Now the drivers
won't load. Help!!!

I had the "Xerces Panic Error" loading Dreamweaver. I found a hint in

http://tinyurl.com/8oolp

The hint says, that HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/MIME/Database/Charset needs to
be fixed. I did the job with Registry Repair 2005 and it worked! Would
be very interesting to try other Registry Tools.

Regards,
Michael

Reaction score
Xerces panic error

I'm using Vista. While attempting to run Adobe Photoshop Elements I kept getting the Xerces panic error.

By accident I did a right click on the Adobe Photo Shop elements icon and on the pop-up list I launched using "launch as administrator". The program then launched without an error. I have no problem as long as I start the program in this way, otherwise I get the Xerces panic error..

I'm the only one using this computer and don't usually sign on as administrator.
This is strictly a cause and effect observation. Hope the effect is helpful to someone because I sure don't know why this happens.

C

ChrisM

I just have to say THANK YOU to pabuechler| I have not been able to open my MYOB programm due to this Xerces Panic error for months (ever since trying a trial version of Adobe PhotoshopCS) I used to be able to fix the problem doing a registry repair, but lately this has not been working. By launching MYOB as administrator I can now open myob finally --- thanks again

Reaction score
Posting our observations.

I was glad to see that my observation on the Xerces error was of help. Our time is valuable and these exchanges can help all of us. Paul.

Ask a Question