Rasman - 20027

Michael S. Androsov

I received next message in the Event Log on Windows Professional 2000
(SP4) workstation:
Source: Rasman
ID: 20027
Remote Access Connection Manager could not start because NDISWAN could
not be opened. Restart the compyter. Can't find file.

What's a problem?

Michael S. Androsov
EXPOCENTR

Sharoon Shetty K [MSFT]

I suspect that the ndiswan.sys in the %windir%\system32\drivers is missing.
Can you check if the driver is present on your machine? Did you do anything
specific on the machine before you got this event?

--

Thanks
Sharoon

Michael S. Androsov

Sharoon Shetty K said:
I suspect that the ndiswan.sys in the %windir%\system32\drivers is missing.
Can you check if the driver is present on your machine? Did you do anything
specific on the machine before you got this event?

--

Thanks
Sharoon
(e-mail address removed)

Yes, ndiswan.sys exists in this directory.
Before I'm trying to change
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ndiswan\Start = 4, but after
this message I return this parameter to 3.

Michael S. Androsov
EXPOCENTR

Kadirvel C Vanniarajan [MSFT]

Since you have disabled(4) ndiswan, you might have to restart the computer
after changing the start type to 3.

--
Kadir

(e-mail address removed) [MSFT]