randomly rebooting xp and failing explorer

G

I have been having problems with windows xp, internet explorer is constantly crashing and closing down and my computer is randomly shutting down. I did have the blaster virus for a short time but i have removed it using the symantic worm removing program and i have installed zone alarm fire wall and avast virus software and I have scanned with up to date definitions and there is no virus on the computer. Any suggestions?

G

Hello
This is William (regular user of windows XP, just saw your problem on the forum
How to correct the problem on the issue of opening "My Computer", and Internet explorer ...Settings and so on
Just right-click on the Internet Explorer and select "properties", there go to "advanced" and in the list UNcheck: "Enable third-party browser extensions [requires restart] " then press the "apply" button and then O
This TOTALLY worked for me, I really hope it will work for you.
The thing is I was on the internet on March 31-April 1 at about midnight things went wrong, either a glitch or a new virus, (a lot of people on the forums got the same exact thing at this time [april1]; looks like a good April fools pranck !!! there are like 6 viruses that day !!
If it didn't fix the problem, according to one "victim" - he tryed to update his Adobe Acrobat 6.0 professional.
Well, let me know.
(by the way I opened my computer twice before it worked...

G

that was just what was the matter with me 2...thanx for the excellent tip..u are a godsend

Ask a Question