Quieting my coolermaster CPU fan

Reaction score
hi............

its so hot head hurts...........

i got a Coolermaster Silent cpu fan with heatpipe technology.........had it for abt 2 years now. its been v v silent could hardly hear it.

over about the last two months ive noticed that it has become v loud. so i toook it out cleaned it with a bit of water moved the dust away. but it didnt make it silent.......

any ideas how i can make is silent like it used to be? Any Suggestions? im a bit lost here surely it cant be wear and tear!?

thanks

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Replace it ... anything that lasts over 12 months is a bonus. :D

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Well maybe a bit or grease will quite it up. Maybe its just abit dry ( :( The poor thing). That motor spins at around 2500rpm-5000rpm for hours on end for 2 years, he deserves to be fed.

But these damn fans are hard to take apart (well some), so if its too hard, just fork out for a new one.

Reaction score
thanks lads.

yer this pc has been on for like 2 years running dont turn it off much.............
replacing it is the last thing at the minute
what do u mean by grease it? where do i put the oil!!! i can take the fan off of the heatsink............... but where is the oil to go

just had a thought VASELINE!!!! what do u reckon but wheres it to go?

sorry to sound so thick!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
You wont be able to "fix" it ... just get a new fan.

;)

Reaction score
well i have got another fan. it is a Zalman silent cpu fan..........

yes its very silent it does say that it can be intalled on a amd cpu but i dont seem to have the rite metal bits, there is ment to be these two metal plates that sit under the mobo and get screwed into. but i dont seem to have the rite ones?

any ideas where i could get these little parts. as im sure that i didnt get them when i first brought the fan i think this one is designed for either pentium 4 or amd 64 bit.

Ask a Question