Advice on buying Silent CPU Fan

How LOUD is your computer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
okay everyone, it is now time to replace my 2 year old 'Coolermaster CPU Fan, with silent heatpipe technology'

It has served me very well for the last 2 years. Just in the last 3-4 months it has been too loud for my liking. Did try to clean it but to no avail.

So it is out with the old in with the new. I will need a SILENT CPU Fan for AMD , that can support up to at least XP2400. I have been looking everywhere for my current specifications on the noise level my 'Coolermaster CPU Fan, with silent heatpipe technology' creates. Can not seem to get a dB rating anwhere.

When I am looking for a new fan , I see some fans with a dB output of around 20-21 dB one fan is 16dB. Anyone know if my current fan is this loud?

Anyone reading this, do you own a silent CPU fan that you could possibly reccomend for me to buy?

Thanks

Regards
psd99

Reaction score
Re: ***Advice on buying SILENT CPU FAN***

Thermalright SP-97 with a quiet fan on should do ya

Reaction score
your very attatched to that thermalright aint ya chris, well theres no reason you shouldnt be, its a nice piece of kit, very good.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Re: ***Advice on buying SILENT CPU FAN***

christopherpostill said:
Thermalright SP-97 with a quiet fan on should do ya

do u have it yourself mate? it does look impressive and think i can get for under a score!

Reaction score
I`ve that a Luxotop 92mm fan with a Thermalright Sp-94 is deadly.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Kenny said:
I`ve that a Luxotop 92mm fan with a Thermalright Sp-94 is deadly.
It is if you stick your finger in it :p

But really :D it's a good combination.

I recently fitted an SP-97 (the AMD model) to my Mum's computer and found that an 80mm fan actually cooled better than a 92mm fan, both of similar speed & noise.

Reaction score
i have the SP-94 (Intel Version) and it is very VERY good.

Put it this way - one time my CPU died when i was in windows. Thought PC was quieter than usual so i checked AbitEQ (temp monitor) it was reading 45 degrees which isnt tooo bad so i opened the case and the fan wasnt on!!

Am using that same CPU so that says something !!

Reaction score
cool sounds good.

im looking at the quietpc.com site

they have got a fan there. which is made by them its cheap too. but this thermalite one looks like a good deal!

Reaction score
My fan.. is really loud .. well louder than i would like it to be .. but soon this machine will be upstairs so it doesnt matter for me on this computer... However i really would like silent cooling technology for the new machine
Silence is golden and all that..:)

Reaction score
its just not rite to have a loud cpu fan really upsets the balance!

still looking around though actively!

Ask a Question