Quiet obsession

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi All
I have a AMD 64 Athlon 2.1MHz, Asrock K8NF4G, 2GB of RAM and a Zalman fan/cooler idling at 900 rpm. I have my eye on a Scythe Ninja Plus which can be run passively and claims to be able to handle up to AMD Athlon 64 3500 without the fan running.
My question is - will it cope with this rig crunching 24/7?
Thanks in advance
peahouse05:)

Reaction score
whats the decibel rating on your current Zalman? Surely this must already be very silent.

I got a good site for you

www.quietpc.com/uk

or try .com

good site for all people with an infatuation with a quiet PC! :) Yes it includes ME

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
You'll need the fan ... ;)

:thumb:

I agree with mucks .

I had a Ninja revision B with a Athalon 64 3400 and it ran Boinc ok with a very quiet fan on board . They are a big cooler .

:D

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks Guys
I just have this obsession with a great lump of aluminium and pipes taking 55W of heat away with nothing moving. Will stick with the idling Zalman which is really quiet. Just thought I'd ask.
Cheers
peahouse05:)

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi psd99
Checked with Wickipedia - sound level is approx 20-30 dB (a quiet room). Right, what's this? Somebody exhaling continuously in the room.
Will welcome the men in white coats if members think it necessary!
Cheers
peahouse05:nod:

Ask a Question