publishing - each time wants to publish photos previously loaded

G

Hi: I have set the remote site publishing options to publish only changes - yet when I publish it frequently wants to republish pictures which it should never need to republish. How to I get it to stop.
Thanks for any help

T

Thomas A. Rowe

How did you bring these pictures into you local web to begin with?

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

birdman said:
Hi: I have set the remote site publishing options to publish only changes - yet when I publish it
frequently wants to republish pictures which it should never need to republish. How to I get it to
stop.

G

The pictures were loaded into a directory of images that was then copied over to FP ( I think I just used the windows explorer to load the photo directory into FP). The images were then linked to various areas in the site.

T

Thomas A. Rowe

All content created outside of FP, needs to be imported in the current open web either via FP import
function or drag-n-drop into web, this way FP is aware that the web content has changed and will
then publish the content.

If the import content needs to be edited in the future, you will need to change the original and
then re-import back into the current open FP web.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

birdman said:
The pictures were loaded into a directory of images that was then copied over to FP ( I think I
just used the windows explorer to load the photo directory into FP). The images were then linked to
various areas in the site.

G

Great - thanks for the info - did I blow it. How should I fix it now so FP doesn't continue to try and republish each time with the files already in my site. Do I delete that directory and then import it back in. --- and will that cause any problems with my links (I would hope not)? By the way - could this be a cause of problems with my asp.net files?

Thanks for your time and assistance

T

Thomas A. Rowe

1. Run Tools | Recalculate Hyperlink, then do a Complete Publish from local to live, then turnaround
and do a Change Pages Only publish. If running FP2003, you can try the sync option.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

birdman said:
Great - thanks for the info - did I blow it. How should I fix it now so FP doesn't continue to try
and republish each time with the files already in my site. Do I delete that directory and then
import it back in. --- and will that cause any problems with my links (I would hope not)? By the
way - could this be a cause of problems with my asp.net files?

Ask a Question