psd99 is probably going to buy this monitor. What do you think?

Reaction score
I have seen it for a while now the price looks good.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/132860

Now £164.93inc vat

My budget was originally £200 but not now.

What do you all think?

Anyone know if I will need to change my graphics card and or dvd drive to get HDCP working for this monitor?

I guess this screen will be good for the future. Ie upgrade, xbxo 360 or ps3

thoughts welcome good or bad.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
i WOULD NOT WASTE ME MONEY ON ANY X-BOX OR PS3 CRAP . i'D CONCENTRATED ME FUNDS ON DECENT PC STUFF . oVERCLOCKERS ARE SELLING THE SUPERIOR 226bw FOR ONLY £211 A MUCH BETTER BUY IN MY OPINION .iF YOUR GOING TO GO CHEAP THEN THEY HAVE A 24" FOR£217 WHICH IS AN OUTSTANDING PRICE.
yOU IS GOING TO BE STARING AT THAT SCREEN FOR A LONG TIME , i'D GET THE BEST i COULD .

happywave.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
All I'll say is it's worth the money, no more, no less. If you're strapped for cash, go for it.

But This One the higher specced (2ms) and better looking model is the one you really want. But it's £210.00

Reaction score
thanks

so tell me

5 mili seconds and 2 mili seconds
Having a 17 inch Acer TFT,
will I REALLY notice the difference?

The second monitor there does not have HDCP that's why I wasn't too keen on it.

But for looks it wins hands down. But like my nan keeps saying to me "it's beauty that captures your attention, and personality that captures your heart."

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Your first choice will have a sharper image ... it has the better Dot Pitch / Pixel Pitch ratio. ;)

You won't 'see' any differnce in 5ms / 2ms ... probably won't 'see' any differnce in the Dot Pitch / Pixel Pitch either. :D

:wave:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Response time? You'll notice it in latest games perhaps, but otherwise no. I expect 5ms will handle fast moving movies ok, but 2ms is definitely the better option.

This from the 2232BW's spec:

Special Features

DVI(HDCP)
MagicBright3
High Glossy Black
Power

Both monitors only have VGA & DVI inputs, both monitors support HDCP.

Perhaps you're getting confused with dedicated HDMI inputs on TFT Televisions, that's a different thing.

Reaction score
You are right I think I am getting confused between HDMI and HDCP!

I can be so indecisive. I was hoping to see a Samsung 24 inch tft drop down under £300 quid but think 22 inch screen will fufill my current needs.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Did not someone here buy and start athread about those budget 24" ones from overclockers ???

user.gif

Reaction score
mmm no idea?

but 24 inches will soon be the very normal

gosh I remember the days of 15 inches

Reaction score
right bingo

I've gone with the ONE IN THE MIDDLE:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/125099

How relieved am I?

Check this out:1 x Samsung SM226BW 22" Widescreen TFT Monitor 1680x1050 3000:1 300cd/m2 2ms VGA/DVI Black 3 Years Warranty Award Winning Monitor 125099 Warehouse Invoiced Track £171.05 £171.05

With VAT this was £201 :)
:) :)

yayayayayayayaya

Reaction score
Oh yes thanks

itsme that looks about the same as mine. Should I be excited?

Abarbarian there's nowt like it. Free delivery which saved me £11 and £20 off the monitor = £31 enough money to feed my mouth and happiness for 7 days!

So why do you all think it's gone UP OVERNIGHT? It definetly wasn't on sale or anything.

Reaction score
One particular thing I like is the monitor can be Landscape or Portrait by means of swivelling the monitor; another is the quality of the monitor.

Ask a Question