Program un-unstall software

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I have found that ‘IObit uninstaller’ with its ‘Powerful Uninstall’ sorts most things. But be careful with this free app because it will try and install stuff you don’t want.

Yes, be very careful with IObit. I ended up with all sorts installed but managed to get rid of it all except for the IObit Uninstaller !!! I eventually got rid of that using the Wisecare Forced Delete. :D

Reaction score
I've had similar issues in the past trying to remove programs I decided weren't worth keeping - Alcohol52% for example. Revo Uninstaller couldn't find it so I got in touch with the Revo makers. They suggested downloading Revo Uninstaller Pro and do the deed within the 14 day trial period. It worked.

Reaction score
Thanks for all your advice, but I've bitten the bullet and installed Windows 7. Sunbelt is no longer supported so I'm using Windows Firewall, and to get the same features as Sumbelt, ie., being able to allow or deny incoming and outgoing access, I've installed a Windows Firewall add-on called Windows Firewall Control. So I'm happy now.......apart from nearly every time I install Win 7 updates, something weird happens. The last time, my PC would not shut down. For 4 days I had to hold the ON button down for 10 seconds to shut down the PC. Seems to have sorted itself out now......fingers crossed.....

Ask a Question