How to find Sunbelt password

Reaction score
Hi, I'm using and happy with what used to be Kerio Sunbelt Personal Firewall. Last I heard it was just Sunbelt Personal Firewall, and all support was stopped in 2011.
Anyway, today I upgraded my Spybot software and following a restart, Sunbelt did not appear in the system tray. Going to Start>Programs>Sunbelt Software>Start Firewall, a box appeared asking for Holder Name and Password. Now I wrote this down in 2006 and kept it safe....really safe, no, really really safe......somewhere!
I went into Tools>Options>Security>Passwords but no sign of Sunbelt. So I went to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Admin Tools>Services and was able to force start the Firewall.
Now to alleviate my going thru all this again, surely there must be somewhere on my PC where I can access the Holder Name and Password to make a hard copy of it? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
err, well not being funny but ... you want to keep a discontinued security program :confused: ... I'd find an alternative if you don't like Windows' Firewall.

sorry, I don't have an answer to your question.

:user:

Reaction score
Hi, I find the Sunbelt Firewall does everything I need, and seems quite efficient. I'm still using Win XP (most of my software will not work with Win7or 8) and the Windows Firewall doesn't seem to have the same extent of options that I have with Sunbelt. I couldn't get the Windows Firewall to list every program on my PC and give me the option of permitting or denying or asking for access to the Internet. Perhaps I wasn't using the Windows Firewall properly, but with Sunbelt every program just appeared and seemed so simple to operate.
I don't really want to fix something that isn't broken, as they say.
Mike

Reaction score
"Sunbelt Personal Firewall, and all support was stopped in 2011."
So your using a firewall that has not been updated or supported since 2011?
If this is the case try AVG?

Or just buy a pair of purdey's and keep that by you at all times in case!!!

Ask a Question