Comodo Firewall help

Reaction score
Hi, just removed the best firewall I've ever had, Kerio Sunbelt, as it's driver kept causing the blue screen shutdown when on the net. Not always but usually every other day. So I installed Comodo Firewall. After installation, I clicked on the help button to check out how it works. After 4 attempts, and timing out everytime, I gave up. Now the major use of a firewall that I want is to determine what programs on my PC can or cannot have access to the net. On Sunbelt, all the applicable programs were listed and when opening any program a pop-up would ask me to allow, or deny, and it would remember. On the list you could manually edit it to allow, deny or ask. Brilliant and so simple. So, from what I'd read about Comodo, there was a training mode which I assumed would be like the Sunbelt pop-ups. Apparently not. Now I don't want any programs on my PC accessing the net to keep telling me there's updates or subscription versions available, etc. I will update, but only when I've checked on the net that the bugs have been removed. So many bugs in updates of Flash for example. Anyway I opened a program that I knew would try to access the net and there was no pop-up, and the program opened and all sorts of updates and stuff came up on the screen. Rats. So I found a list of programs in Comodo, which took me a while to find, and on that specific program I right clicked and options appeared. There was no option to allow or deny, just kill process. As I couldn't access the Comodo help files, I wrongly assumed that kill meant deny. So I killed it. Rats. Now I can't open the program as I "Don't have the necessary permissions." I've looked and looked but cannot find a kill undo button/command anywhere. So that program is useless to me now. I undertook an online chat with one of their tech's, who told me that they can show me how to set it all up as I require but I would need to subscribe to the full version of the software. Rats. Wish I could re-install Sunbelt but it's not supported anymore. So, does anyone know how to undo a "kill process" in Comodo? I would sincerely appreciate it if someone does know.

Reaction score
No need for reply. This Comodo cr+p (in my opimion) is going. Since installing this firewall yesterday, I've experienced the following:
1. My PC takes on average 9 minutes to start up.
2. My mouse doesn't work at start-up - I have to un-plug and re-plug it to get it working.
3. On 2 occasions the bottom system bar and screen icons disappear and PC locks up, requiring a re-start.
4. Tried to uninstall an unwanted program - CL Eye Driver 2.80mb. After 11 minutes the progress bar was two
thirds across and PC locked up. Had to re-start.
5. Keep getting Windows error pop-up. "LivePC Support component has encountered a problem and needs to
close. Send error report?"
Will be checking forums to find a better firewall.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What Mucks said, Or Avira Free (which is what I'm trying out at the moment) that and Windows Firewall. Plus a little common sense. :)

Reaction score
See, I was right about Kerio Sunbelt firewall. (Muckshifter's link). It is exactly what I want and so easy to use. In that link, Sunbelt is listed along with Zone Alarm Free Firewall. I've re-installed Sunbelt and un-installed some software that I installed just before Sunbelt went haywire, hoping they might have been the cause of Sunbelt's problem. So far, been on the net for 4 hours and no blue screen with the message: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
If this fails I'll try Zone Alarm Free. Note: Great bit of free software if you develop the blue screen problem - NirSoft BlueScreenView. You just open the program when restarted from a blue screen shutdown, and it tells you the offending driver/file/process/whatever. That's how I found it was the Sunbelt driver causing my blue screen and shutdown.

Evan, you feel that Windows Firewall works just fine. Well, I'm afraid it doesn't, not for me nor quite a few of my friends. It doesn't do what Sunbelt does, which is when a program or process wants to access the net, it doesn't create a pop-up asking whether it should be allowed or denied, and when selected it remembers the option. My friends have all had to download an add-on for Windows Firewall, such as Windows Firewall Notifier. http://www.howtogeek.com/113641/how...rewall-and-easily-block-outgoing-connections/
This allows you to allow or deny incomings and outgoings.

I'm still running Win XP (most of my software probably won't run on anything newer) with Avast Home Free antivirus which I must say, is very, very good - in my opinion, and it doesn't slow my PC down like AVG Free used to.

Ask a Question