Program un-unstall software

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a free program uninstall software please. I started to un-install my Sunbelt firewall via "add/remove programs" when after about 2 mins my PC crashed. When I re-started it, I went to "add/remove programs" to continue the un-install and Sunbelt wasn't there. I went to "Control Panel>Security Centre and there was Sunbelt apparently still working. Sometimes the icon appears in the system tray, sometimes it doesn't, but in Security Centre it always tells me it's on. There is no un-install exe in the program folder. So I need un-install software that is known to work. Thanks.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Before you try uninstall Sunbelt go to Taskmanager and make sure all Sunbelt services are stopped then try uninstall it. I use Ccleaner to uninstall any software I don't want.

Reaction score
Hi, all the Sunbelt services are working in Taskmanager. When I turn them off, within 5 seconds they re-appear. Still not showing up in Add/remove programs. Didn't know Ccleaner could un-install programs. I'll take a look, Thanks.

Reaction score
Just checked Ccleaner. Sunbelt doesn't show up in list of programs. I need an uninstall program that can find Sunbelt. The folder is still intact under C: Program Files.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
WiseCare is a freebie and its Force Deleter usually gets rid of difficult programmes. I've used it a few times. :)

Reaction score
The Sunbelt program does not show up in Add/remove programs. There is no uninstaller exe in the program folder. Security Centre says it's running. What if Revo Uninstaller can't find the program?

Reaction score
Installed (http://www.uninstallapp.com/article...-Kerio-Personal-Firewall-4.40.html)........it couldn't find Sunbelt. So installed Revo Uninstaller and that couldn't immediately find Sunbelt. Finally found it after clicking on Forced Uninstall and pointing the program to the Sunbelt Folder. Uninstalled Sunbelt, restarted PC, Folder gone from Program Files, yet Security Centre tells me that Kerio Sunbelt Personal Firewall is ON. I can't find it anywhere on my PC. Has Security Centre been not paying attention or what? Also had a Windows send error report pop up box upon opening Firefox. Thanks everyone for the advice. Just have to find out why Security Centre thinks Sunbelt is still installed.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Installed (http://www.uninstallapp.com/article...-Kerio-Personal-Firewall-4.40.html)........it couldn't find Sunbelt. So installed Revo Uninstaller and that couldn't immediately find Sunbelt. Finally found it after clicking on Forced Uninstall and pointing the program to the Sunbelt Folder. Uninstalled Sunbelt, restarted PC, Folder gone from Program Files, yet Security Centre tells me that Kerio Sunbelt Personal Firewall is ON. I can't find it anywhere on my PC. Has Security Centre been not paying attention or what? Also had a Windows send error report pop up box upon opening Firefox. Thanks everyone for the advice. Just have to find out why Security Centre thinks Sunbelt is still installed.

Mike bite the bullet and reinstall XP

Reaction score
I'll try re-installing and re-un-installing (is that a word?) Sunbelt and if it doesn't work I'll try re-installing XP. I don't know....we can get men on the moon (allegedly) ......... Thanks again for all your advice.

Reaction score
Well, tried re-installing Sunbelt but 20 seconds into the install I get the message: Unable to extract the file C:DOCUME~1\Mike\LOCALS~1\Temp\{F71343. I looked in the Temp folder but I couldn't find it either. Anyone tell me what the file would be, where it would come from and how it would get there?....Where did that smiley come from? Can't get rid of it.

Reaction score
I've tried a few time to re-install Sunbelt but keep getting same message as above but with a few different files that it cannot extract. I checked the Revo Backup Manager but Revo did not delete any files, only registry entries when it did a forced uninstall. Any ideas what could have deleted these files that obviously should be present?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Mike I have no idea now. Like I mentioned in another comment maybe it's time to bite the bullet and reinstall XP

Reaction score
I would edit the registry to delete the Sunbelt process that keeps starting up. What did customer support at Sunbelt say?

Reaction score
I have found that ‘IObit uninstaller’ with its ‘Powerful Uninstall’ sorts most things. But be careful with this free app because it will try and install stuff you don’t want.

Ask a Question