Problems with theme graphics

G

Hi
I have applied a theme to my webpage and the associated graphics (background, banner, bullets, buttons, lines) are not publishing. They appear on the preview in browser. In folder view, they are not appearing as image files.I am using Frontpage 2002. What steps have I omitted? - TIA.

T

Thomas A. Rowe

How are you uploading the web to the remote server, via FP Publish command or 3rd Party FTP
application?

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Samoa said:
Hi,
I have applied a theme to my webpage and the associated graphics (background, banner, bullets,
buttons, lines) are not publishing. They appear on the preview in browser. In folder view, they are
not appearing as image files.I am using Frontpage 2002. What steps have I omitted? - TIA.

G

Thank you Thomas
I am using ftp for uploading files. I have been looking in the folders associated with this web, and there is a themes folder saved in my documents/my webs for this particular website, which appears to contain the relevant graphics, but it doesn't appear in the file listing when the web is opened with frontpage and the images folder is empty.

S

Stefan B Rusynko

You need to upload the _hidden folders named _themes and all the _derived hidden folders

--

| Thank you Thomas -
| I am using ftp for uploading files. I have been looking in the folders associated with this web, and there is a themes folder
saved in my documents/my webs for this particular website, which appears to contain the relevant graphics, but it doesn't appear in
the file listing when the web is opened with frontpage and the images folder is empty.

G

Thomas - I have had a look at the html code page on Frontpage and the html associated with the theme appears in grey, rather than black.

G

Stephan
I have revealed the hidden theme folder in My Documents/My Webs, but when I open the relevant web in Frontpage, the theme folder is ot listed (only images and private - the image folder is empty). How can I get the themes to open in folder view in Frontpage so I can publish the files
I greatly appreciate your assistance.

T

Tom Pepper Willett

You must have the web open in FP *first* and enable the show hidden folders
feature in FP.
--
Tom Pepper Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/prodinfo/default.mspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/frontpage
-----
Samoa said:
Stephan,
I have revealed the hidden theme folder in My Documents/My Webs, but when
I open the relevant web in Frontpage, the theme folder is ot listed (only
images and private - the image folder is empty). How can I get the themes to
open in folder view in Frontpage so I can publish the files?

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Tools Web/Site Settings Advanced - show hidden folders

--

| You must have the web open in FP *first* and enable the show hidden folders
| feature in FP.
| --
| Tom Pepper Willett
| Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
| http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/prodinfo/default.mspx
| http://msdn.microsoft.com/frontpage
| -----
| | > Stephan,
| > I have revealed the hidden theme folder in My Documents/My Webs, but when
| I open the relevant web in Frontpage, the theme folder is ot listed (only
| images and private - the image folder is empty). How can I get the themes to
| open in folder view in Frontpage so I can publish the files?
| > I greatly appreciate your assistance.
|
|

G

Stefan
Thankyou for your advice in showing the hidden files for publishing within frontpage - I have had partial success - the theme background is now appearing in the published version and the associated divider lines, but the banner and theme navigation buttons are still missing. Any ideas
TIA

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Crash_Gordon=AE?=

It's still better to use FP's Publish rather than a third party FTP, if that's what you're using.

| Stefan,
| Thankyou for your advice in showing the hidden files for publishing within frontpage - I have had partial success - the theme background is now appearing in the published version and the associated divider lines, but the banner and theme navigation buttons are still missing. Any ideas?
| TIA

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Did you upload the _derived folders too?

--

| Stefan,
| Thankyou for your advice in showing the hidden files for publishing within frontpage - I have had partial success - the theme
background is now appearing in the published version and the associated divider lines, but the banner and theme navigation buttons
are still missing. Any ideas?
| TIA

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Crash_Gordon=AE?=

Is this a work-around so you can safely use FTP or can there still be problems with ftp? Dunno...I never break the rules :)

| Did you upload the _derived folders too?
|
| --
|
| _____________________________________________
| SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
|
|
| | Stefan,
| | Thankyou for your advice in showing the hidden files for publishing within frontpage - I have had partial success - the theme
| background is now appearing in the published version and the associated divider lines, but the banner and theme navigation buttons
| are still missing. Any ideas?
| | TIA
|
|

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Avoid using FTP on a server with FP extensions.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

Is this a work-around so you can safely use FTP or can there still be problems with ftp? Dunno...I
never break the rules :)

| Did you upload the _derived folders too?
|
| --
|
| SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
|
|
| | Stefan,
| | Thankyou for your advice in showing the hidden files for publishing within frontpage - I have
had partial success - the theme
| background is now appearing in the published version and the associated divider lines, but the
banner and theme navigation buttons
| are still missing. Any ideas?
| | TIA
|
|

G

Thank you everyone for your replies
I have "inherited" this web page to update - so also publish with frontpage to the ftp server that "came with" the site. (Not my own server) I have not used used themes before and being a novice FP user thought that they would be fairly intuitive, but the problems with upload have me stumped
Stefan - I have changed the properties of the derived folder (so it is not hidden) and also used Frontpage/Tools/Websettings/Advanced to reveal hidden files, but the derived folder does still not appear in the list of folders in my frontpage web. Any ideas
Thank you for your patience...

R

Ronx

The _derived folder will never appear in the FrontPage folder list - it is
always hidden.
If you publish with FrontPage (even with the FTP address) all the necessary
folders will be uploaded. If you use a third party FTP client to upload,
remember to upload the _derived folder, but do not upload any folders
starting with _vti.
--
Ron
Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.

samoa said:
Thank you everyone for your replies.
I have "inherited" this web page to update - so also publish with
frontpage to the ftp server that "came with" the site. (Not my own server) I
have not used used themes before and being a novice FP user thought that
they would be fairly intuitive, but the problems with upload have me
stumped.
Stefan - I have changed the properties of the derived folder (so it is not
hidden) and also used Frontpage/Tools/Websettings/Advanced to reveal hidden
files, but the derived folder does still not appear in the list of folders
in my frontpage web. Any ideas?

S

Stefan B Rusynko

File not found for
http://www.natla.com.au/images/bookweek.jpg

Your site is missing all the _derived folder images

PS
Remove all spaces from File/Folder names - breaks links

--

| I have also a separate picture (not part of the theme) that I have imported into the web,it is sitting in the images folder, but
not appearing in the published version. The path appears to be correct ie. http://www.natla.com.au/images/bookweek.jpg but I still
have the dreaded red cross in box.
| TIA

G

Stefan - despite using Frontpage/tools/websettings/advanced/show hidden files - I am not getting the _derived folder to appear when I open the NATLA web in Frontpage 2002. Because this was happening, I tried changing _derived folder properties through My Documents as it appears to be the only access I have to this file. Still not appearing in Frontpage folder view
Any ideas
TI

G

If the derived folder doesn't appear in folder view in FP, I don't know how to publish it. I would greatly appreciate any help.

T

Thomas A. Rowe

When using FP to publish the site, the hidden folders would automatically get published. The problem
only become a issue when you use a 3rd Party FTP application to upload your content, then you need
make sure to upload the _theme, _derived and _border folders. There is never a need to manual change
the permissions on these folders outside of FP.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

samoa said:
If the derived folder doesn't appear in folder view in FP, I don't know how to publish it. I would
greatly appreciate any help.

Ask a Question