problem with Winlog~2.EXE

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
A few days ago, I tried (unsuccessfully) to install a trial version of Nero 9 on my computer. (I use Windows Vista). After several failed attempts I decided to uninstall the Nero altogether. It was not easy, but I succeeded (so I guess). Somewhere during the process, a small window appeared on the screen which says
" Error (login): 0x10e0 The operator or administrator has refused the request" I closed the window but it kept re-appearing every few seconds. Finally I used Task Manager to end the process and then thought I had succeeded. But each time I start my computer, the message appears again. So I must use Task Manager each time I start my computer. I then figured out that my computer may have a serious security problem so I came here for help.
Someone please help me.
My anti-virus is Norton (2009).
Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Try to clean up the registry of your computer using RegCleaner, if that doesnt work try to repair your Operating System (Vista Ultimate, Home basic or.........which ever you are using). It might help to solve the problem.

After repairing your Vista, update your antivirus and run a full scan

Ask a Question