Problem with sysprep and cmdlines.txt

C. Wulfman

I'm using Sysprep 1.1 with Windows 2000, and cmdlines.txt won't execute.

Here is the excerpt form setuperr.log.

Pause isn't supposed to be in there. Was hoping it would stop long
enough to troubleshoot. Also tried the shift-f10 trick but not fast
enough on the keys.

Thanks
Carol

--------

Warning:
Setup was unable to invoke external program pause because of the
following error:
CreateProcess returned error 2 (2).

***

Warning:
Setup was unable to invoke external program c:\declone\bootpart.bat
because of the following error:
CreateProcess returned error 5 (5).

***

Warning:
Setup was unable to invoke external program c:\declone\pgina_cfg.cmd
because of the following error:
CreateProcess returned error 5 (5).

***

Warning:
Setup was unable to invoke external program c:\declone\EvtPoke.cmd
because of the following error:
CreateProcess returned error 5 (5).

***

Error:
Setup was unable to execute the commands in $OEM$\OEMFILES\cmdlines.txt.

***

Scott McArthur [MSFT]

Carol,

Can you post your sysprep.inf? Also make sure you are using sysprep from
Windows 2000 SP4. It is the latest version for Windows 2000. It can be
found here

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/downloads/servicepacks/SP4/deploytools.
asp

Scott McArthur[MS]
Microsoft Windows Server Setup Support
| Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 16:04:33 -0700
| From: "C. Wulfman" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Problem with sysprep and cmdlines.txt
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment
|
| I'm using Sysprep 1.1 with Windows 2000, and cmdlines.txt won't execute.
|
| Here is the excerpt form setuperr.log.
|
| Pause isn't supposed to be in there. Was hoping it would stop long
| enough to troubleshoot. Also tried the shift-f10 trick but not fast
| enough on the keys.
|
| Thanks
| Carol
|
| --------
|
| Warning:
| Setup was unable to invoke external program pause because of the
| following error:
| CreateProcess returned error 2 (2).
|

| ***
|
| Warning:
| Setup was unable to invoke external program c:\declone\bootpart.bat
| because of the following error:
| CreateProcess returned error 5 (5).
|

| ***
|
| Warning:
| Setup was unable to invoke external program c:\declone\pgina_cfg.cmd
| because of the following error:
| CreateProcess returned error 5 (5).
|

| ***
|
| Warning:
| Setup was unable to invoke external program c:\declone\EvtPoke.cmd
| because of the following error:
| CreateProcess returned error 5 (5).
|

| ***
|
| Error:
| Setup was unable to execute the commands in $OEM$\OEMFILES\cmdlines.txt.
|
| ***

C. Wulfman

Hi Scott,

Here is the sysprep.inf. Modified the admin password and productID for
security reasons of course. I'll check the version of sysprep - it is
1.1 but may not have the changes for SP4.

Thanks
Carol

;SetupMgrTag
[Unattended]
OemSkipEula=Yes
InstallFilesPath=C:\sysprep\i386
DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
;Read somewhere that the next line needs to be under 40chars or
stuck in registry
OemPnPdrvPath="drv\aud;drv\monitor;drv\nic;drv\vid"

[GuiUnattended]
AdminPassword=passwordofchoice
OEMSkipRegional=1
TimeZone=10