Outlook Problem with Outlook 03 on Windows XP

Reaction score
Hi, I (stupidly) tried to email a file of 23mb from my Outlook account. It didnt send, has sat in my Outbox for a week and I cant seem to delete it! As soon as I log on, its trying to send it, clogging up my send/receive etc. Can anyone offer any advice as to how to stop this?

Really appreciate it, thanks

Paul

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I presume you opened your 'Outgoing Mail' folder within Outlook right clicked on the offending article and selected 'cancel' or similar instruction?

That normally does it.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Try

1. Go into Tools > Options >Send and untick the box next to "send messages immediately." Then go out of Outlook altogether and then go back in and try what floppybootstomp suggested. This way the message will not have started transmitting so you may be able to get at it to cancel it. If it works then you may need to go back and retick the box to get instant message sending.

2. Go into File and tick "work offline." Again this may allow you to delete the message before it starts transmitting.

Best of luck. :wave:

Ask a Question