Problem with icon size changing

L

Lorne

I recently set my desktop to 120dpi to troubleshoot a software issue. When I reset it to 96dpi icons in my status bar, the sub menus of my start menu and in the title bar of windows all became much smaller than normal. To see the effect look here:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/lorne.anderson/iconsize.jpg

How do I get these back to normal size?

I have large fonts turned on and large icons in the start menu turned on. Other users of the same computer have no problem.

Using XP home, all latest upgrades but not SP3.

C

Chris K.

Right click on the Desktop and on the context menu that appears select properties.

On the window that pops up, select the Appearance tab and then hit the advanced button on the lower right hand corner of the window.

In the lower portion of the second window that appears use the drop down menu to select the item(s) in question to change and use the modifiers to the right of the drop down menu to change them.

Regards,
Chris K.
I recently set my desktop to 120dpi to troubleshoot a software issue. When I reset it to 96dpi icons in my status bar, the sub menus of my start menu and in the title bar of windows all became much smaller than normal. To see the effect look here:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/lorne.anderson/iconsize.jpg

How do I get these back to normal size?

I have large fonts turned on and large icons in the start menu turned on. Other users of the same computer have no problem.

Using XP home, all latest upgrades but not SP3.

L

Lorne

Right click on the Desktop and on the context menu that appears select properties.

On the window that pops up, select the Appearance tab and then hit the advanced button on the lower right hand corner of the window.

In the lower portion of the second window that appears use the drop down menu to select the item(s) in question to change and use the modifiers to the right of the drop down menu to change them.

Regards,
Chris K.

None of the items in that drop down menu affect the icon size in the 3 cases I mention.

L

Lorne

Regards,
Chris K.
Very bizare. Although none of the selections available in this menu had an option to change icon sizes in the areas I mentioned and I changed nothing when I exited the menu the icons all went back to default sizes !!!!!

Ask a Question