problem with files from DVD/CD

MCC124

I think I need to tweek something on my PC (Vista home premium). When
trying to open folders/ files from a cd (from a magazine for example)
all i get is a load of computer jargon, not an ilustration or what ever
it should be. Any ideas please?

Thanks MCC

MCC124 said:
I think I need to tweek something on my PC (Vista home premium). When
trying to open folders/ files from a cd (from a magazine for example)
all i get is a load of computer jargon, not an ilustration or what ever
it should be. Any ideas please?

Thanks MCC

You might try showing us the full file names of some of the files
you're having trouble opening so we can check what programs
should be able to open them.

Robert Miles

MCC124

--
MCC124-

You might try showing us the full file names of some of the files
you're having trouble opening so we can check what programs
should be able to open them.

Robert Miles

Thank you Miles,, All I have to go on is, when the comp jargon i
displayed, the first line is "PDF-1.3"
Don't know if that is of any use to you.
Regards
Michae

MCC124 said:
Thank you Miles,, All I have to go on is, when the comp jargon is
displayed, the first line is "PDF-1.3"
Don't know if that is of any use to you.
Regards
Michael

I haven't seen that error message before. However, many of the files
I've seen with file names ending in .pdf would not open until I installed
a PDF reader program. I chose this one, partly because it's free:

http://get.adobe.com/reader/

If you are still using the Windows Mail program that comes with Vista,
I do NOT recommend installing the Free Google Toolbar - it often
stops Windows Mail from running properly.

Robert Miles

MCC124

No Name;912604 Wrote:-
[...]

'Adobe - Adobe Reader download - All versions'
(http://get.adobe.com/reader/)

If you are still using the Windows Mail program that comes with Vista,
I do NOT recommend installing the Free Google Toolbar - it often
stops Windows Mail from running properly.

Robert Miles

Thank you Miles, have repaired Adobe and taken out the Toolbar, no time
to check the results just now, but will try later.
Reagards
Michael

MCC124

MCC124;912680 said:
Thank you Miles, have repaired Adobe and taken out the Toolbar, no tim
to check the results just now, but will try later.
Reagards
Michael

Sorry, but the above made no difference at all, have now been in touc
with the CD supplier.
We will see if they casn help. Thanks
Michae