Problem installing device drivers

G

I am currently getting the following message everytime I try and install a device driver (I go through the whole process before I get the message). "An error occurred during the installation of the device. The system cannot find the file specified".

This happens every time I try and install a driver - so far 3 different ones. And it occurs even after the file has clearly been found.

Following a web search I found a reference in relation to GoLogic to the same error message. It suggested that infact the file wasn't missing but that the "New found hardware wizard" cannot create certain system registry entries as system registry permissions have been changed to read only, possibly by a recent Microsoft service pack.

Is this possible? - any ideas on how I can get round this problem and succesfully install drivers

I am using Windows XP professional - and have been trying to install drivers for USB devices on a Samsung X10 laptop.

F

Fred

Ben said:
I am currently getting the following message everytime I try and install a device driver (I go through the whole process before I get the message). "An error occurred during the installation of the device. The system cannot find the file specified".

This happens every time I try and install a driver - so far 3 different ones. And it occurs even after the file has clearly been found.

Following a web search I found a reference in relation to GoLogic to the same error message. It suggested that infact the file wasn't missing but that the "New found hardware wizard" cannot create certain system registry entries as system registry permissions have been changed to read only, possibly by a recent Microsoft service pack.

Is this possible? - any ideas on how I can get round this problem and succesfully install drivers

I am using Windows XP professional - and have been trying to install drivers for USB devices on a Samsung X10 laptop.

I have a similar problem trying to install or I should say reinstall
drivers that used to work.

Have you had any joy?

G

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue. Did anyone ever come up with a solution??! Help...

Ask a Question