Problem accessing MSN/Hotmail/passport sites

I folks

I run a direcway satellite system. It has worked fine for 1.5 years. (Note: MSN changed to a secure login a few months ago and lofin time did increase due to this change.

Last night I found that I was unable to open MSN/Hotmail etc. The system hangs at the access to the passport login and then just shows me the "page cannot be displayed" page. I also cannot go to the passport site at all

But, if I open a dialup connection then everything works.

I spent a bunch of time with the direcway support folks and we tried everything that they could think of and a bunch that we tried just for the hell of it. Still will not work. This has Hughes (Direcway) and myself quite confused

Any ideas out there

(I know, change the home page to something else. I would but my wife's computer is on the network and she has everything set up on MSN for travel, news, weather etc. And as everyone knows, if your wife's computer has a problem, then you have a problem.

RDH

Don Varnau

Hi,
See if something on one of these pages helps:
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers_10.htm#hotmail
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers2.htm#secure_sites
I wish I could help you narrow it down, but... ;-)
I'm not sure this is on either page... If using WinXP, go to Ctrl Panel>
User Accounts> [username] > Manage my network passwords. See if clearing out
saved passwords helps.

Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.