Problem accesing shares in local net

Yariv

Hi,

I have three Win2k Pro computers at home connected with a switch.
I have no problem seeing the computers on the LAN,
the problem is when trying to access the computers on the LAN,
I don't have access to the remote computer unless I enter the remote
computer's username and password,
I gave full access on the local security policy in each of the computers,
but it still didn't solve the problem.
when I had XP installed, I didn't have this problem,
maybe I missed some permission somewhere??
can anyone help me with this problem?
Thanks

Yariv

Gary Fose [MSFT]

Hi Yariv,

One thing that may make a difference is the file format on the Windows 2000 machines. And
there are several places that permissions can be set. See the below public article that should
clear things up with your 2000 Pro clients.

300691 HOW TO: Set Up a File System for Secure Access in Windows 2000
http://kb/article.asp?id=Q300691

Hope this helps,
Gary
--------------------
'--'From: "Yariv" <[email protected]>
'--'Subject: Problem accesing shares in local net
'--'Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 19:48:46 +0200
'--'Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking
'--'
'--'Hi,
'--'

--

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included
script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best
directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.