Printing PDF files

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
Windows XP Pro SP3
Current Adobe reader install

When trying to print a PDF document, the print spooler continues to load information until the printer buffer has been run out. The document size is 700K but when printing, the spooler has run as high as 30M.

- Reinstalled Adobe
- Reinstalled Printer
- Tested other PDFs, print fine
- Tested other documents (txt, doc, docx, etc), prints fine.
- System fully updated: Win, printer, etc
- Other machines, same results.

Anyone seen this before?

-Surfer

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
The files were of DWG which were printed to PDF. Foxit was installed on the machine that created the files. I was able to print the files using the print as image option when printing. File>print>advanced>Print as image.

I relate this to how the files are converted when made. I have access to Foxit as well as Adobe Reader and Adobe Professional, all of which resulted the same.

-Surfer

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got it printed OK :thumb:. It could just be that the render was particularly complex in this instance, which would explain the "print as image" option working :).

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
That's kind of what I figured. It was a fairly large CAD drawing being brought down to 11x17.

Ask a Question