Printing alternate pages to fake duplex printing

me

I've got an older printer (HP Laserjet IIP Plus) that does not have ANY
provision for printing duplex, i. e. both sides of the page.

Is there any freeware that will EASILY allow one to print alternate
pages, so that I could print all odd pages, then reverse the paper stack
and print all even pages, for instance?

I've Google'd, and searched Pricelessware as well--no joy.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Stranger

Lord Possum

I've got an older printer (HP Laserjet IIP Plus) that does not have ANY
provision for printing duplex, i. e. both sides of the page.

Is there any freeware that will EASILY allow one to print alternate
pages, so that I could print all odd pages, then reverse the paper stack
and print all even pages, for instance?

I've Google'd, and searched Pricelessware as well--no joy.

Any ideas?
=================

Yeah ... an idea, but dunno if it will work with your HP-IIP
Google around for TxtPrint ver 1.0 by Orjan Raberg. It does
fine for my typical inkjets, doing what you specified, and
more.

Mike Dee

Is there any freeware that will EASILY allow one to print
alternate pages, so that I could print all odd pages, then reverse
the paper stack and print all even pages, for instance? [...]
Any ideas?

It's possible to convert files to PDF before printing and then use the
free Acrobat Reader's print setting of printing either all odd or even
pages.

I guess other non PDF programs will allow printing even and odd pages
(Open Office does), but Acrobat gives you the opportunity to use files
from any source.

There are several free convert to PDF programs available.

Susan Bugher

Yeah ... an idea, but dunno if it will work with your HP-IIP
Google around for TxtPrint ver 1.0 by Orjan Raberg. It does
fine for my typical inkjets, doing what you specified, and
more.

Program: TxtPrint
Author: (Örjan Raberg)
Ware:(Freeware)
http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d4orjan/TxtPrint/

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Phred

I've got an older printer (HP Laserjet IIP Plus) that does not have ANY
provision for printing duplex, i. e. both sides of the page.

Is there any freeware that will EASILY allow one to print alternate
pages, so that I could print all odd pages, then reverse the paper stack
and print all even pages, for instance?

I've Google'd, and searched Pricelessware as well--no joy.

The way my printer feeds paper, you also need one with an option to
print from back to front of the doc. Otherwise you will need to
reorder the pages manually -- not necessarily a big deal as it only
requires time and effort.

Cheers, Phred.

H-Man

The way my printer feeds paper, you also need one with an option to
print from back to front of the doc. Otherwise you will need to
reorder the pages manually -- not necessarily a big deal as it only
requires time and effort.

Cheers, Phred.

As previously mentioned, Adobe PDF Reader will allow you to print either
odd or even pages, what wasn't mentioned is that it will also allow you to
reverse the page order, printing from last to first. FoxIt reader allows
this as well.

Using PDFCreator will open your default PDF reader when the PDF is
complete, so you can print from there without too much additional effort.
Deleting the PDF's will need to be done additionally after the fact. You
could script this or have a program like CCleaner do this every run, just
save all teporary PDFs to the same folder.

me

H-Man said:
As previously mentioned, Adobe PDF Reader will allow you to print either
odd or even pages, what wasn't mentioned is that it will also allow you to
reverse the page order, printing from last to first. FoxIt reader allows
this as well.

Using PDFCreator will open your default PDF reader when the PDF is
complete, so you can print from there without too much additional effort.
Deleting the PDF's will need to be done additionally after the fact. You
could script this or have a program like CCleaner do this every run, just
save all teporary PDFs to the same folder.
Thanks, Mike, Phred, and H-man.

Turns out the files I need to print are indeed .PDF format! Didn't
mention than before, because I had no idea Acrobat has that capability!

Solved my problem handily.

MANY thanks, all.

Stranger