Word Word 2007 manual duplex - tray 1 only

Reaction score
Hi. I'm trying to print a handbook from Word 2007 to an HP4100TN using manual duplex. The problem is that the prints go to tray 1 regardless of my specifying tray 4 prior to printing.

As tray 1 is the manual feed, I'm prompted to reinsert the paper after each page is printed. What I want is to be able to print all the relevant pages, then reinsert them all to print the reverse sides.

This works perfectly with my Dell 1700n, but I really would prefer to print to the HP4100TN.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'stuck in tray 2'. I'm trying to print from tray 4, but the process ignores this and prints to tray 1. Are you saying that manual duplex will only work with trays 1 or 2? (the guide only refers to tray 2).

Thanks again
Darren

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
The guide references tray 2. I assume that this is the default setting for the manual duplex printing. Is there a location to change trays that I may have missed?

Reaction score
I changed the settings quite a while ago to make tray 4 the default - and normal printing does go to tray 4. It's only when I choose the manual duplex option that it doesn't - so you may be right - i.e. that manual duplex only works with tray 2 and manual feed.

It does seem a bit weird if that's the case, but I'll give it a go later today.

Thanks again for your help.

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
It does seem a bit weird if that's the case, but I'll give it a go later today.

Manufacturers do some dumb things from time to time. It could have been a last minute change. "How do we make it do this? That would be awesome!" "I know, cram it in here and make it the default setting with no option to change."

Engineers can be a pain in the @$$ some times.

Good luck.

Ask a Question