Printer and speakers have stopped working

Reaction score
I printed and viewed audio last night and when I tried to print something tonight the printer didn't respond. There's a small readout window on the printer that usually gives an error message if something's wrong but that didn't happen. I opened the print queue and my documents are in there but when I click on them and click restart, nothing happens. My speakers aren't working either. I pulled the speaker wire plug out of the computer, touched it and could hear static coming out of the speakers so I know they're on and working. I ran the troubleshooting, did system restore, restarted the computer. Nothing has changed. Can anyone help?

Reaction score
HI

Printer im not too sure about speakers I may be able to help

Have you checked the device manager for any problems?

I will presume you are running XP because you have not supplied us with any other details.

Start>settings>control panel>system>hardware>device manager

On the "sound, video and game controllers" section do you have any exclamation marks bordered in yellow?

Reaction score
I'm running windows xp. I went to Sounds and audio devices and the window came up with tabs. I chose the Sound tab and there wasn't anything in the drop down box. I clicked on this and the choices were no sound and windows default. I chose windows default and now I have sound. Thanks!

I still have the printer problem so if anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate your input.

Ask a Question