Print notification

I

Ivan Yeung

Dear all,

I have a problem of enable Print Job Notifications in Windows XP even I show
informational notifications for network printers.

Can anyone know how to fix this problem.

Thanks,
Ivan

A

Anthony Baratta

Windows notifies a user with a popup message that their print job has been completed on the printer

go to start/run/ type regedit

expand the node HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

locate the key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Providers]

Value Name: NetPopup
Data Type: REG_DWORD
Value Data: (0 = disabled, 1 = enabled)

modify the existing value, named "NetPopup" and set it to equal "0" to disable notification or "1" to enable it

then you will need to "Restart the printer spooler service" or "Restart Windows" for the change to take effect.

also:

Specify Where to Display Printer Notifications

go to start/run/ type regedit

expand the node HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

locate the key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Providers]

modify the existing value, called "NetPopupToComputer" and set it according to the value data below

Value Name: NetPopupToComputer
Data Type: REG_DWORD
Value Data: (0 = local computer, 1 = users computer)

then restart or log out of Windows for the change to take effect

Disclaimer: Modifying the registry can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. We cannot guarantee that problems resulting from modifications to the registry can be solved. Use the information provided at your own risk. You should always backup your registry prior to modifying or changing values.

EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Ask a Question